Aerocatch hood pins for Carbon Fiber hoods

Can't wait to get off work today to finish it up. I got the latches in place. It just didn't line up with the pins. I'm just gonna widen the holes in the radiator support so I can adjust the pins a little. Should work out I hope.

@Joka1
I did this to my Gemini RC hood. On the divers side you still have to make a big hole on the bottom because the latches are too deep and hit the skeleton under the hood. Not really a big hole. More like a slit.

I made my holes bigger as well and used large washers to cover it up (as seen in above pictures). It works well and is defiently secure.

Rob

Subbin. Thanks for all the tips, guys! I'll keep the anti-sieze in mind for marking other parts too, brilliant!

Evan, the kit comes with great templates. Unfortunately, I dropped my car off at the shop and let them go at it instead of staying and helping. I would have done the antiseize method myself. The shop ended up having to trim the underside of the latch and angle the pins a bit to make everything fit (bicker)

hood-pins-flush-latch-national-gathering-2008-0981-500.jpg

Ordered

Molded in White Plastic.

and the Flush Mount Support (On The Right)

2682_3.jpg

I am not drilling out the s*** out of the inside, There will only be a small hole where the pin sits.

I'm ordering mine probably beginning of February. Glad to see so many people that have done it so I can get some tips.

I'm ordering mine probably beginning of February. Glad to see so many people that have done it so I can get some tips.

they are easy to install with a bit of common sense and taking your time. Also with the new mounting plates things are made easier to line things up and secure them to the hood.

few other people who have had them installed and how.

Citizenpro
Hoodlatch_arms.JPG
HoodLatch_Front.JPG

Nates Mp3 (Jays Racing)

528972_430514090332034_501797025_n.jpg

you can see the pins and fabbed brackets near the rad supports.
580902_431123756937734_1516513671_n.jpg

They all look good and the installation seems simple enough. I'll probably end up installing them the same place Joka did, personally that's where I think they look the best and seems easier that way as well. I'll definitely use that anti-seize tip

But Cam, didn't Password JDM not ship you a complete set? I ordered from the same place and it took 3 weeks to get my order after 3 emails asking for tracking.

I was missing the bumper stops from the kit. I got as full locking set plus the flush plates. JT got me the contact info for the right place and they sent me some stops for free

Jal, Think about what direction you want the locks facing too. If you notice, mine are backwards from most with the locks up front

I ordered through PasswordJDM over the phone.They processed my order that day, and two days later it arrived at my house. From the West coast to the East coast in 3 whole days!

It took up a lot of room

Parts

Finished Product

But Cam, didn't Password JDM not ship you a complete set? I ordered from the same place and it took 3 weeks to get my order after 3 emails asking for tracking.

I was missing the bumper stops from the kit. I got as full locking set plus the flush plates. JT got me the contact info for the right place and they sent me some stops for free

Jal, Think about what direction you want the locks facing too. If you notice, mine are backwards from most with the locks up front

This is exactly what I'm looking for but with the locking latches on a RC hood.

FYI PasswordJDM has been know to sell the knockoff latches and are NOT on the approved Aerocatch list.. please make sure you are buying the real ones as all the fake ones last less than a year and are known to fail. Like anything buy the real stuff and don't support knock offs.

This is exactly what I'm looking for but with the locking latches on a RC hood.

Had mine in the same spot for years without issues, but i can tell you the pins are much easier to line up and install to the correct length when the bumper and lights are out of the way. Ill be replacing my pins in the spring for a new set and same time will be doing a few front end changes since its all apart anyways.

My entire front end is in the other side of the garage right now, so once the engine leaves for the machine shop I'll be fitting the new hood and doing this, as well as filling holes, redoing wiring and painting the engine bay so it's a great time for it.

Back