Subwoofer install pics

Very Nice . reading this makes me wanna get mine installed. so far the best I can do is take a pic of all the stuff soon to be installed along with what I did for my radio Dash piece. Everything I will be installing is in the Pic except for my Infinity Kappa 680.9CS door speakers. They will be here on monday from UPS. I am building a spare tire well Enclosure for the sub and a false floor for all the amps.
100_0944.jpg

100_0945.jpg

been working on this for about a month now. made out of 3/4 MDF. prolly gonna put a 12" kicker cvr mated to a kenwood 600w amp.

during construction
2010-04-16190649.jpg

2010-04-07170534.jpg

2010-04-07175556.jpg

about 95% done
2010-05-13175532.jpg

2010-05-13175414.jpg

2010-05-13175448.jpg

doing bondo work on it now to make it completely smooth and then im gonna paint it with primer and then she is getting wrapped in carbon fiber vinyl!
e92M3_cfroof_3.jpg

and then underneath the "MAZDASPEED" cutout im gonna have blue LEDs shining through. i cant wait to get it all done cause its taking forever!

been working on this for about a month now. made out of 3/4 MDF. prolly gonna put a 12" kicker cvr mated to a kenwood 600w amp.
doing bondo work on it now to make it completely smooth and then im gonna paint it with primer and then she is getting wrapped in carbon fiber vinyl!
and then underneath the "MAZDASPEED" cutout im gonna have blue LEDs shining through. i cant wait to get it all done cause its taking forever!

Looks like its going to be awesome! pics when done!

thanks! i hope it turns out as good as i can picture it in my head lol. and i will deffinatly post up some pics whenever it gets done. has kinda just been a rainy day project.

i have a guy that does vinyls for me and he got me the font somehow. so i just asked him to print me out a few for the size i needed then applied it and traced it then peeled it off. i have that as a windshield banner on my car as well.

Niiiice. How's it sound? JL's are the tightest sub for the money IMHO. And 10's are small enough to be responsive and big enough to bump when you want it.

I have my alpine sub amp under the driver's seat. Fits perfectly. But it's a smaller size amp. I power two infinity fronts and alpine rears with my alpine HU's internal amp. My Alphasonic 4 channel amp got stolen. (shrug)NYC(shrug) It's still surprisingly loud tho.

No.

JL is known to be over priced. Better can be had for cheaper.

my friends are really into stereos and all that, so they will be helpin me fiberglass a box. hopefully doing somethign stealish cause i do still use my trunk so yeaaaa will have pics as soon as i do it.

o and anyone know where i can get the dash kit to put in either a double din, or a single. havent decided yet. if i do a single, i need the pocket. anyone point me in a direction to buying one?

skh711

did you use a router to cut out that mazdaspeed wording?

what bit did you use?

Nope. No router. Just a drill with some bits to drill out the corners o the letters, a jigsaw to cut out most of it, then do some finishing touches with a dremel and a wood file. Took me about 45 minutes a letter when I first started cutting on it then I got the hang of things and I got it down to roughly 20 min a letter.

o and anyone know where i can get the dash kit to put in either a double din, or a single. havent decided yet. if i do a single, i need the pocket. anyone point me in a direction to buying one?

if you order from crutchfeild i think it comes with a dash kit

if you order from crutchfeild i think it comes with a dash kit

While this is very true... Crutchfield is very very overpriced but they do have good stuff and very very good customer service. If your a noob then it may benift you going the Crutchfield route because they include hardware and instructions. But if you know what your looking for then you could save like $100 maybe more by going to a local audio shop or doin what I did and buy your head unit from eBay and an install kit from Walmart. The quality is no different but the price is usually a whole lot lower than what Crutchfield can do

Here's mine. Kicker 8" sub in a custom "stealth box" into my P5.. sounds great and looks great too, plus no taking up room in my hatch (headbang)
As per the above post, the carbon fiber wrap looks amazing on a sub box!

Stereo010.jpg

Stereo011.jpg

Stereo016.jpg

Stereo020.jpg

Stereo028.jpg

They do make them for the 3 :)

its called the Jack stealthbox. i think someone over on the 3 foums made it and then did a few group buys and then he quit making them

Can anyone give me the dimensions to the trunk of a 2003 P5 (im looking to get one in march sometime and need all the specs cuz id like to go LOUUUDDD!!)

Here's mine. Kicker 8" sub in a custom "stealth box" into my P5.. sounds great and looks great too, plus no taking up room in my hatch (headbang)
As per the above post, the carbon fiber wrap looks amazing on a sub box!

Stereo010.jpg

Stereo011.jpg

Stereo016.jpg

Stereo020.jpg

Stereo028.jpg

I understand i am bumping this thread from a while ago but that sub box looks very nice. I'm semi-surprised I haven't seen anyone fiberglass a sub into the spare tire well. You could probably fit a really nice 12" in there that pounds like crazy without losing space.

Back