Subwoofer install pics

if your system takes up your entire trunk, it is over the top to me.

here is my simple system.

IMG_2292.jpg

and my amp for my components.

IMG_2290.jpg

who needs a spare tire :D

6818_1127917279700_1280220081_30334589_4228539_n.jpg

12" RE Audio SE Sub(600W RMS) D2 wired to 1 Ohm
Infinity Kappa One 1200W AMP(1 Ohm stable) - Gain is turned a little over half so i'm probably pushing around 700W. Very nice bass, and loud! XD

... gain does not determine how much power your amp puts out, just how sensitive it is to the signal input from the head unit

^Either way it's hitting harder and louder than stock thanks to wiring it to 1 ohm. But in theory because the gain is turned up, the sub is drawing more power from the amp when the bass hits.

I did some research so i made sure I didn't sound like an idiot but here's a good definition of gain(amplification): "the amount of increase in signal power or voltage or current expressed as the ratio of output to input."

Subs

Speaking of subs i am gettin two alprine type r's and was going to get them installed and was wondering if the stock radio on a mazda 6 has RCA outputs so i can hook them up or if i had to get an aftermarket head unit??

Quick question...how do I wire to 1 ohm? lol

I'm not really all that sound-tech savvy but from what I know/understand, I learn from my savvy friends. I would be terrible to explain this to someone but i understood how my setup worked. I bought a dual-voice coil 2 ohm sub. Because it's a dual-voice coil there's two sets of wiring options: parallel vs series. Assuming you have a single-channel amp with only one sub(assuming the sub has dual-voice coils) when wiring it parallel the sub's ohm is divided in half, vs when it's wired in series the ohm is doubled. And of course the lower the ohm the louder.

For a visual guide and probably a better explanation, here's Kicker's wiring diagrams: http://www.kicker.com/dvc_wiring

Here's a couple shots of my latest attempt. I'm not a pro with fiberglass, and I can't carpet a box if my life depended on it, but it works for what I was going for and sounds pretty good at the same time.

... oh, and I need to vacuum!

Attachments

• DSCN0074.JPG
    DSCN0074.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 500
  • DSCN0076.JPG
    DSCN0076.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 530
  • DSCN0078.JPG
    DSCN0078.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 514
I've had it for going on 3 years now. I love it. Especially since it's all 5 of the channels I need in a single setup. It's overkill for what I have really, but the price was too good to turn down at the time.

I'll be installing my JL 300/4v2 on Thursday hopefully and will be powering my JL 10w1 and two front speakers.

I rearranged my amps and sub today. Im still waiting on that stupid subwoofer ring....

Ill post pics tomorrow.

here's my setup. when the weather gets nicer i plan to fiberglass the sub into the pass side corner
picture.php

I installed mine today:

SubInstall.jpg

Better pics to come tomorrow.

Niiiice. How's it sound? JL's are the tightest sub for the money IMHO. And 10's are small enough to be responsive and big enough to bump when you want it.

I have my alpine sub amp under the driver's seat. Fits perfectly. But it's a smaller size amp. I power two infinity fronts and alpine rears with my alpine HU's internal amp. My Alphasonic 4 channel amp got stolen. (shrug)NYC(shrug) It's still surprisingly loud tho.

Mazda003.jpg

Mazda002.jpg

My old set-up, before my car got broken into (on my birthday!) during my hunt for a privacy cover.. bummer.

Back