What have you done to your P5 today?

^water pump and timing belt is SUPER easy on these cars, if you get it done, your going to get ripped off big time
i can change out a timing belt in around 40 mins, water pump is prob another 30...so all in all i would say roughly 2 hours start to finish

Would love to, but at this very bumpy stage in my life, I don't have the tools or the work space to get it done myself. A year ago, yes, but right here and now, sadly no.

It would probably take me all weekend to change my timing belt. Because I just work that slowly. I take my time and clean parts and torque everything to specs and am super particular. haha. It's not a race.

all weekend?! lol im used to being timed when working on stuff (dealership training) so i cant take my time, i have to get the s*** done ASAP
on my car, i dont torque anything on the outside..besides the water pump, oil pump, and both the idler and tensioner, the rest just gets tightened by hand or air tool (crank pulley)

I work on BMW's in school, and they make u torque EVERYTHING, and since those cars are $30K+ i do it haha my cars to broke down for me to give it that much detail

Come on over, buddy! My roommate and I have a nice little garage with just about everything one would need. My friends and I jokingly refer to it as Lewis Motorsports. heh-heh

It would probably take me all weekend to change my timing belt. Because I just work that slowly. I take my time and clean parts and torque everything to specs and am super particular. haha. It's not a race.

so how about i take a nice trip to Ohio in the spring and we do my timing belt/ pump, seals, rear motor mount and remove the vtcs???? hehe

I'm the same way, I had to wait on parts in the mail, but it took me a week to finish my timing belt and water pump. 2 hours is just insane.

I'm the same way, I had to wait on parts in the mail, but it took me a week to finish my timing belt and water pump. 2 hours is just insane.

lol well once you get into the repair industry...you learn how to manage your time
if the dealer says a timing belt should take 3 hours, thats all your getting paid for, whether you work 3 hours or 3 days

Come on over, buddy! My roommate and I have a nice little garage with just about everything one would need. My friends and I jokingly refer to it as Lewis Motorsports. heh-heh

One day I'll make a pilgrimage to Ohio, I just don't trust my car enough to take it on a 2000KM road trip. Maybe I'll feel better about it once I get my big box o' new parts installed :)

so how about i take a nice trip to Ohio in the spring and we do my timing belt/ pump, seals, rear motor mount and remove the vtcs???? hehe

Honestly, as long as you don't rob me, you're welcome to come over some weekend and we can do all that. Send me a PM.

When you do the VTCS delete, don't fill the runner holes with QuikSteel. They will just fall out and get smashed up by the piston. I've seen it on mine and 2 other friends. Just leave the holes open, it doesn't hurt anything. :)

s*** id love to work on my car right now. but its just too damn cold outside. Im trying to convince my old grandpa to let me use his heated garage... even said I would change his timing belt on his Miata. He did offer to pay a shop to work on my car but im frugal and cant justify the money haha. ^ for filling the wholes you could just use plugs made of a soft metal, I did that with my header to fill in the egr and its holding still

Contacted a seller on craigslist about a set of wheels :) $100 bucks for all 4, and im going to refinish them and then try to flip them for some cash...or maybe even run them on my car
who knows, they are pretty popular on here though

Contacted a seller on craigslist about a set of wheels :) $100 bucks for all 4, and im going to refinish them and then try to flip them for some cash...or maybe even run them on my car
who knows, they are pretty popular on here though

Make sure he gaurantees no leaks or bends...

she, and i will, i asked if it had any bends and she said no, ill make sure to get a "guarantee" from her about it
there going straight to mike anyways lol but he's paying 175 more then i will ;)

So a middle aged woman with an RX-8, I'm guessing? No offense to anyone, and I'm sure I'll catch flack for this, but they are not to be trusted, lol.

Back