What have you done to your MSP today?

Not really anything I did to the MSP but I did go junk yard hunting for a new motor. Sadly no p5's or proteges were in the pick and pull and all the 626 motors were older then 2000 ( told only 2000+ will work ). What changed in 2000 for the fs-de in the 626 to only make those motors work in a protege ?

2899546506_c34575f89b.jpg

2898703221_d278bcd714.jpg

2899547258_4a84c264ef.jpg

2898707125_5b2393b028.jpg

i wouldnt swap anything with new rings on it without 1st honing the cylinder walls which requires you to take out the botom end and disassemble it

...which is what I'm saying lol

my point is not that there is more work involved with building a motor however....my point is DO NOT under any circumstances pull apart the bottom end of your motor unless you are in the process of building it with stronger rods and pistons, there is absolutely no gain and it can only cause problems....don't tear apart a working system for no reason

Seriously, the junkyards in VB always sucked when I went there (at least as far as having newer Mazdas).

the block and head are the same

I do know that for some reason the intake manifold for pre-2001 will not work according to alejo_nin....however I believe that is because the fuel rail doesn't bolt up the same, not because it has a different bolt pattern

Oh wow this is great news for me. What about the head. does this motor have the distributor run off the CAM ? So would this one not work ?

2898703221_d278bcd714.jpg

yea if it is not gonna work you can get another head for cheap on here, I sold mine for 100 if I recall....I doubt you will get charged that much more for the head from the junk yard

Yeah you both have a good point. I might just go back real quick with some tools and pull the distributor off and learn something new. 100 dollars for a head is a good deal. This place is willing to sell me any motor and head minus both manifolds for 150. Seems like a good deal but I really don't know.

ya i completely forgot about getting it honed lol. Ill have a built motor one day lol, im just going to see how much power i can get out of the motor till she popps lol. running strong with 10-11psi with the 28RS and she is screaming for more boost haha.

if you do the tuning right you shouldn't run into problems, but once you get over a certain horsepower range the stock rods just buckle and break most of the time (look at pirana though, there are exceptions if you are lucky)

Well I went back and the dis. Is run off the cam. I guess that head is a no go. I would post pictures but my internet is not working.

if you do the tuning right you shouldn't run into problems, but once you get over a certain horsepower range the stock rods just buckle and break most of the time (look at pirana though, there are exceptions if you are lucky)

my tune is alright, it starts out at 11.5 and then goes to 10 towards the end, i would like to get it to be 11 towards the end. didnt he make 276whp with the stock block??

lol he was making more then that just dosent have the dyno sheet to show it. After they got off the dyno with that 277whp run they took it out on the road and street tuned it to 15psi.

Back