Your favorite Mazda Rx?

mattyp747

so what is your favourite mazda Rx and why?

mine is certainly the mazda rx7 S4 turbo.

why: becuase i own one and i love the shape of these cars. just all good fund really. i like the 'straighter' lines that the FC has compared to the FD.

I bought a brand-new Series 2 FB and loved the car. Agile, light and quick for the day.
But my favorite is my current FD R1. It's everything my FB ever was. And 15 years after it was built, it's still quicker than most everything out there selling for under 60k. Still competitive locally in AutoX too. In fact, I was just reading a performance review of a $70k Porsche. In that article you could have substituted 'RX7" for "Caymann" and been spot-on accurate without changing anything else. And my car cost less than 20% of that Caymann 5 years ago. It's also cheaper to insure, cheaper to license, cheaper to maintain, and I still get compliments on the looks everytime I stop for gas or park it.

My favorite is mine.
It's an 83 with a T2 swap. It's so much fun to drive. People see the big wing, bodykit and exhaust and figure it's just another ricer. They usually get their feelings hurt pretty fast. Really shocks alot of people when they get smoked by a 25 year old car.

Attachments

• IM000680.jpg
    IM000680.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 180
  • IM000681.jpg
    IM000681.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 179
I am a big fan of the 79-80 SA cars myself. I owned a 83 for 10 years,and didn't care for the 79-80's too much with their slight differences,but now that I have owned my 79 GS for some time,I can't believe I ever thought that way. The 79 GS I own is by far the coolest car I have ever owned(I owned a 04 RX-8 as well),along with my REPU(RXtruck).

I also love the 10thAE white,and any 2nd gen in white for that matter,but especially the 10thAE white. I would love to someday own a 94-95 FD in Chaste white as well,but that will have to wait until the kids grow up.

I think this one is rotary...I know they didnt come this way, but I would love a rotary powered rx-3...kinda bored at work...lol

I've always had a soft spot for the old school rotaries. RX3 ftw!
rx3redl.jpg

rx3racehh7.jpg

I can't put my finger on why, but it's probably the same reason I love the old Datsun Dimes ;)

Damn I'm gonna seem like a lemming. I was gonna vote for the Rx-3SP too. But my runner up favorite would be a Chaste White FD in R1 trim

Back