Wy's silver p5 school budget

Wyattmckay3

:
2003 Mazda protege 5
I just recently bought a p5. Looking to do some cheap mods. Cosmetic and engine. Also need some advice! My bumper is kinda coming off and I'm not sure how to attack it. And how can I make my car a little wider? How big of wheel spacers can I go on stock wheels?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    694.6 KB · Views: 268
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    843.1 KB · Views: 226
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    660.7 KB · Views: 223
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    559.5 KB · Views: 229
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    692.1 KB · Views: 225
If I got new studs how far do you think I could go out without having to roll my fenders or anything like that? Thanks for the bumper help!

If youre not planning on dropping it, like 20mm. But in that case you wouldnt need longer studs, because you'd be using bolt on spacers.

If youre not planning on dropping it, like 20mm. But in that case you wouldnt need longer studs, because you'd be using bolt on spacers.

I'm planning on dropping it..I just don't want to have to do anything to the fenders but still have that wide look. I just ordered an exhaust and mud flaps, ill post pics when they get here.

Are you wanting to run aftermarket wheels?

There is hardly any fender clearance on the rear, so that needs to be considered before lowering or installing spacers.

17x7, +45 offset, with a 205/45 or 215/45 tire usually fits pretty well. You will have to roll the rear fenders.

finally got my obx forza catback. Nice deep rumble. The only bad thing is the tip is so god damn big and is snugged against the bumper. So it melted part of the exhaust cut out. I also just ordered an innovative performance chip. Should add 35hp and 5mpg more!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    866.1 KB · Views: 210
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    848.3 KB · Views: 187
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    952.8 KB · Views: 192
Go on eBay and get some adjustable exhaust mounts then it won't touch your bumper

finally got my obx forza catback. Nice deep rumble. The only bad thing is the tip is so god damn big and is snugged against the bumper. So it melted part of the exhaust cut out. I also just ordered an innovative performance chip. Should add 35hp and 5mpg more!

Riiiiight........

return it/get your money back asap. Most do nothing, while others just make your car run rich. The only thing close to a "chip" for the protege is an mp3 ecu reflash.

They typically consist of a resistor that replaces the IAT or ECT signal with a fixed resistance, which the ECM interprets as the engine being in a cold environment, so it enriches the fuel mixture. It's far from the ideal running conditions, and can hurt engine lifespan and a number of other things.

The MP3 reflash is proven to increase performance (documented dyno runs) and add to the drive-ability of the car. It will run you 150 dollars and you have to run premium gas, but it's well worth the money.

What Jackie Chan said, don't put that chip in. A cheap chip like that won't do anything, except possibly damage the car. If you want some extra "power" without doing much work, buy an MP3 ecu. Look it up and do some reading on that.

Latest posts

Back