Wiring Information on Tail Lights

In case anyone else needs to know, I figured it out by taking off the tail light assembly and looking at which colored wires ran to which bulbs. The yellow wire with a red stripe is the reverse light. The black wire is ground. The green wire is the turn signal. The green wire with a yellow stripe is the brake light. And the green wire with the black stripe goes to the tail lights.

However, it's pretty easy to take the tail light assembly off (unscrew three nuts), so I'd advise checking that way to make sure yours is the same (especially if you've got a different year.

i've been trying to change my driver side break light and i'm not sure if the assembly is just stuck or if i'm suppose to take out the trunk lining per the pdf file version of the workshop manual.

i only unscrewed the 3 nuts and thought that the casing should just come out easily, but it didn't, and i didn't want to break anything by trying to pull it out. should i just pull it out, or am i missing a step. the workshop manual made it seem like i had to take out the internior side lining of the trunk in my p5....is that right? would seem a lot more complicated that it should be just to replace the break light if that were the case.

i've been trying to change my driver side break light and i'm not sure if the assembly is just stuck or if i'm suppose to take out the trunk lining per the pdf file version of the workshop manual.

i only unscrewed the 3 nuts and thought that the casing should just come out easily, but it didn't, and i didn't want to break anything by trying to pull it out. should i just pull it out, or am i missing a step. the workshop manual made it seem like i had to take out the internior side lining of the trunk in my p5....is that right? would seem a lot more complicated that it should be just to replace the break light if that were the case.

I took the ratchet and pushed on the screws from behind. It should just slide right out, but the threads were getting caught and that is why it wouldn't move. Glad I found this thread because I was about to guess between break and tail!

Thanks.

Back