will a 2012 Mazda 5 on H&R lowering springs need a rear camber kit?

Tourist

:
Mazda 5 GT
Hi! I'm new to this forum and was wondering if you guys can help me out. So, I'm still contemplating if I should continue on installing some H&R lowering springs on my 2012 mazda 5 with the part number HR-52685 . The part description says, " Approx. Front Lowering: 1.4" and Approx. Rear Lowering: 1.3" ". As I've read in other forums, lowering your car by approximately 1.5" would need a camber kit. Has anyone installed a camber kit for their 2012 Mz5 with these exact springs on? or any spring that has similar qualities as the H&R one. 'cause I have a seen a thread where a 2012 mz5 installed these springs but he didn't mention anything about him installing camber kits or adjustable arms or whatsoever. Please enlighten me. Thanks in advance and sorry if you guys find my question kind of noobish :)

Just a quick heads up. The curved camber arms for the MS3 and MZ3 WILL NOT FIT THE Mazda5. I bought a used set of corksport and they do not fit. They hit part of the mounting bracket. The camber arms on our cars are straight, not curved.

Just a quick heads up. The curved camber arms for the MS3 and MZ3 WILL NOT FIT THE Mazda5. I bought a used set of corksport and they do not fit. They hit part of the mounting bracket. The camber arms on our cars are straight, not curved.
Are you sure you bought the right thing? My '08 rear arms are curved as are other's that I've seen. Search Jim Ellis's parts and they all use the same part#.
http://www.jimellismazdaparts.com/s...odel=14357&modelYear=2008&ukey_category=20286

Can you post of pic of what you have? Perhaps the problem exist on the "used" Corksport arms?. Return those if you could.

Silentnoise. Thanks for the image. Looks like you are right. I guess my mechanic mistaken the lateral links(straight pieces) for the camber arm(it was a long tiring day). From the looks of it should work no problem. Tourist, if you are looking for a set of used corksport camber arms let me know. I am selling them for what I bought them for $80 plus shipping.

I'm on H&R with Koni Sports. When aligned my rear camber was an identical -2.4 on each side. Max Mazda spec was -2.4. Car was aligned twice once immediately after and again after allowed to settle for about a month. Car had 3/4 tank and ~120lbs of weights directly behind the drivers seat each time. You could probably benefit from camber arms or just have them add a little bit of toe in to help even out the inside wear. I did the later and so far so good. My Michelin pilots are holding up fine.

ブレイク;6337782 said:
I'm on H&R with Koni Sports. When aligned my rear camber was an identical -2.4 on each side. Max Mazda spec was -2.4. Car was aligned twice once immediately after and again after allowed to settle for about a month. Car had 3/4 tank and ~120lbs of weights directly behind the drivers seat each time. You could probably benefit from camber arms or just have them add a little bit of toe in to help even out the inside wear. I did the later and so far so good. My Michelin pilots are holding up fine.

so you didn't use any camber kits? for this certain type of springs? and you just told them to add a bit of toe in? just clarifying lol

so you didn't use any camber kits? for this certain type of springs? and you just told them to add a bit of toe in? just clarifying lol

No Camber kit. 0.12in total toe in. One other thing to note is that I do not normally carry heavy loads. The most is my Wife, daughter and groceries. Your needs may be different.

ブレイク;6337935 said:
No Camber kit. 0.12in total toe in. One other thing to note is that I do not normally carry heavy loads. The most is my Wife, daughter and groceries. Your needs may be different.

i'll probably try the route you used. cars just my daily going to work and my loads just usually my girl so i dont think it would be any different from yours. thanks for the info. appreciate it.

Back