Will 03 Suspension fit on 99 proteges?

MP5stephen

:
Mazda Protege5 & Miata M Edition
I have a set of Tokico blues with H&R Springs on stock top hats for the 2003 Mazda Protege5. My friend desperately needs suspension, will my Tokico's be compatible with her 1999 Protege LX?

it should. from what i know all BJ chassis are the same. ive fit 03 mazdaspeed protege stock suspension on my 00 DX.

your sway bar links may need to be replaced. they had different lenths for different years.

otherwise, yes the tokico blues are a popular replacement.

Can anyone confirm if they will still fit even if the 99 protege has rear drum brakes? I have en extra set of adjustable end links anyways. So I could just include those with the cost of what I'm selling them to my friend. I'm also the one swapping the suspension out. His original struts are extremely blown to the point of hearing the rod travel in the tube, and only spring resistance.

Yes, no changes in suspension on any 99-03 protege except mp3 and msp got the better suspension but is still compatable with all others of that generation. The only thing that changed was end link length which iirc wa from the bigger sway bar on the mp3 and msp or the p5's had different lengths somewhere in there everything else will bolt up without issue as far as struts and springs

I had a feeling it would work. I just needed 100% reassurance from someone else with actual firsthand experience. Thank you guys for the help. Mods can close this thread if they'd like.

Back