Wife wants Satellite Radio (2021 CX-5)

1killera4

2018 A4 S LINE Stg. 1 / 2021 CX5 Carbon AWD Turbo
My wife is missing her Sirius Radio in her 21 CX 5 AWD Turbo Carbon. G
Has anyone ever bought one of these?

Doesn't the car already have XM/Sirius? I thought all models came with it (I know our 2019 Touring has it).

My subscription just ended on the 11th. Lowest price they offered was for 9.99 month. Nope! I don't even miss it. I can't believe that's not on a CE.

That certainly looks like a pretty good solution. If it was must have for me I might try it depending on how easy the install. Looks like there are even installers in my area. I say go for it!
My subscription just ended on the 11th. Lowest price they offered was for 9.99 month. Nope! I don't even miss it. I can't believe that's not on a CE.
You have GOT to be joking. I haven't paid more the $6 a month in years. I call to cancel. They beg me to stay. I say no. They offer $6. Repeat Repeat. Took wifes car to Volvo for a software update. Got a free 3 month trial because of it. Her 2013 Volvo C70 has a bad interface for XM and she's tired of it. So I let it expire. I got an offer letter in the mail: $3/month for 3 YEARS.

You must be a bad canceller or something. :D

No joke. I would have at least thought about it for 6 a month. I'm sure its a matter of time and I will get something in the mail.

I guess the cheapest way is getting radio through your cell phone via carplay. Although my Mazda is equipped with Sirius, I rarely listen to it. My preferred radio source is TuneIn Radio app: TuneIn | Free Internet Radio | Live News, Sports, Music, Audiobooks, and Podcasts
On android for internet radio streaming, I switched from app TuneIn radio to the (very similar) radio.net as latter you can set favourite radio channels and cycle through them using the up/down buttons on left arm of cx-5 2021 steering wheel i.e. useful when driving

Those buttons don't work to change Sirius channels (they scroll current station back in history, much less useful) - I renew for one annual prepay calced from $6/month (plus a streaming tax of ~21% they don't mention until end of checkout)

Last edited:
Could be a Covid issue.
Our '22 Turbo has XM. (hardware built in)
I did not continue the subscription after initial free period.

Is it a "shortage" thing for 2021?
ie Mazda skipped a tunner or something

My guess is that Sirius decreased the amount of dollars the company is willing to pay Mazda, so in turn Mazda decided to equip the Sirius antenna only on Premium , Premium Plus, and Signature trim levels.

My guess is that Sirius decreased the amount of dollars the company is willing to pay Mazda, so in turn Mazda decided to equip the Sirius antenna only on Premium , Premium Plus, and Signature trim levels.
Mazda has always only offered this on the higher trims. This isn't new. Ask anyone with a 2016 Touring or Sport. Only came on GT back then. OR the Touring IF you added the Tech package (I think).

Mazda has always only offered this on the higher trims. This isn't new. Ask anyone with a 2016 Touring or Sport. Only came on GT back then. OR the Touring IF you added the Tech package (I think).
Thanks for the information.

I have a very similar setup in a 2010 Corolla but the aftermarket head unit I put in was XM ready, it works perfectly. I'm not sure how the interface would work on the Mazda.

Back