Why is it droning that much?

alexelie

:
protege5 red
hi, some of you may have seen my double exhaust. I had two muffler tip that were connected to one muffler with piping. But i was tired of the tips hitting the bumper so i made them cut.

Now the drone is incredibly high when i hit 3500rpm until 4500rpm. I mean its impossible for anyone to stay in that zone for a long time and guess what at 120 km/h im right before 3500rpm so i dont have much room. I cant go above 75mph if i dont want my ears to bleed. and seriously, ive never heard stg like this, its simply CRAZY.

But i dont understand how empty piping can make such a difference. And I tried to put a stick in my muffler to see if it was straight muffler and it was not empty so i dont know why its droning like crazy. I have a header but still have one cat, one resonator and one muffler. Maybe the lenght of the exhaust make a difference. i might post some pictures to show you.

thank

i have a magnaflow catback and it drones like crazy, i wish i could change it, but it sounds pretty nice when accelerating

yeah i really like the sound in town , it sound like a big car lol. But now my friends will not want to come in my car anymore :p

yeah i really like the sound in town , it sound like a big car lol. But now my friends will not want to come in my car anymore :p

That means they can drive and use all the gas, while you save money. :D

Lol, I used to love having a 2 seater DD. Anytime you are in a group and about to carpool, you are automatically ruled out.

Latest posts

Back