Whine Under Acceleration

Redcallen

:
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT
When I'm under acceleration I get this whining noise coming from the engine bay it sounds like its from the driver's side. its loudest when the car is cold, and gets quieter as the car warms but I can still clearly hear it. It sounds almost like a supercharger. There seem to be no negative performance effects. I've uploaded a sound clip of the noise. Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

• Car Whine(1).mp3
    563.2 KB · Views: 728
i wish i could here it... im kinda deaf... literally... i also get some sort of whine noise when the car hasn't reached normal operating temps

Checked the power steering fluid, and its fine. I'm starting to think its the tranny:(, since it only happens when i'm moving in gear. No noise when I'm revving in gear or neutral. Any thoughts? I will be changing my tranny fluid this weekend to see if that helps.

doubt its power steering issue if u only hear it under acceleration.
does it start whining immedietly on accel, or does it take a couple seconds to start/certain RPM?

in the morning when the car is cold, it starts immediately. After the car is warm, it starts at about 2k. it loudest until 4k, then harder to hear i guess because of the higher pitch.

So I know this is a very old post, but did you ever figure out what this was? I'm hearing the exact same thing now, and I'm stumped.

Back