Which TPMS sensors?

Stavesacre21

:
2010 Mazdaspeed3
Lookin to possibly pick up a set of TPMS sensors for my winter rims, but I'm not gonna buy new ones. Question is...will previous generation TPMS sensors work on the 2010, or is a "new and improved" system (AKA more money)?

I've seen a lot of RX8 sensors and some Mazda 3 sensors but i'm not gonna pay $100 if i'm not completely sure that they'll work in the newer generation. Part number on the last gen Mazda3 is GN3A-37140B

Any of your 2010's bought/used any sensors off previous generations?

Thanks.

Last edited:
It shouldnt matter what year the sensors are from. If anything you may need to reprogram your receiver. Either way look on ebay....or a strategically placed piece of electrical tape works very well also.

Last edited:
I have TPMS sensors from a 2008 RX-8 on my aftermarket wheels. Doesn't matter what year or model of Mazda, really. I think some Fords even use the same sensors.

Oh well that's good to hear guys. Our dealer tried to sell me the whole "mazda parts only" pitch. I figured that with TPMS being as widespread as it is now, these things have to be able to work on more then just exclusive matches.

Thanks guys

Back