which is the Best CAI for MS3

peavey

Contributor
:
MS3
Chaps, (this is my first post, so forgive n00bness)

I have recently took ownership of a ms3 2010.

looking at CAI over SRI, been reviewing the CAI's on the market,

the mazdaspeed CAI seems to have issues with the filter being down low to the ground and picking up water from rain and puddles,

looked at the injen but it only seems to go with 07-09 (is this true? i like the fact that the filter can be hidden under the front lights.

AEM looks pretty good too,

always been a K&N freak.

so my real question is:

which is the best CAI on the market, price, proformance and such?

in your opioins of course(bowdown)

thx

apparently dyno's prove not much difference between any of the CAI performance wise so take your pick

oh really,

thats a gr8 point, i was starting to get taken in by the sales jazz, if thats the case I may go with old faithful K&N

thx for your input GTFO!!!!

they are all the same concept. filter and some piping. all you really have to do is decided if you want a CAI or a SRI. me personally id get a sri and then get a FMIC down the road and let the intercooler do its job.

they are all the same concept. filter and some piping. all you really have to do is decided if you want a CAI or a SRI. me personally id get a sri and then get a FMIC down the road and let the intercooler do its job.

hrmm, SRI are cheaper and give the same effect but i was told that a CAI would be better becuase ur not pulling in the hot air from the engine bay as much as a SRI solution but ur point does make sense.

what a ball ache of a mission putting that bastard in, the silicone hose (k&n provided)between the k&n typhoon pipe was too long and the way its stated to go on, it should go from a big pipe (k&n) to a small pipe (motor) but thats completely wrong but right, the k&n can fit over the stock hose but if you use the silicone hose and the hose clamps then the typhoon pipe is too long and wont fit in the L bracket to the solenoid. (directions are for ms3 2007

after a few hours of cussing and calling k&N a c*nt, i found in i put the smaller end of silicone on the typhoon (with much force) and use a larger hose clamp that the ones stated (basically u get a big to small silicone pipe with hose clamps to fit) and the one for the big end it will fit,

it runs like a dream and I am now happy.

the end result, instead of using a big to small silicone adapter, it become a extra air tight sleeve for typhoon which already fit over the stock end to make a super solid connection..

photo 2.JPGphoto 1.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 5.JPG

I wasnt sure either but it comes with a L shaped heat shield to stop engine heat

Not sure about the 2010's but I thought those were SRI's?

I have the K&N, been on for a little over 2k miles... it was the one that the least amount of people I saw had CEL issues with. I'm happy with my choice.

id say sri...stay away from cai,not just for water probs but cost and looks too....cai just look like pepboys...i run Cobb n love its sound..imho

I am sure this is a dead issue, but there are some other things to consider:
Would you ever go with a FMIC
Would you ever go with Meth Injection
That area is idle for mounting an OCC
There is some data, forget where that looked at the intake differential and it was minimal.

Z

Just do the Corksport SRI and carbon fiber air box..CAI is alittle risky in the rain!!

I have the Mazdaspeed CAI, I drive in the rain, snow, and everything in between and never have had any problems. I'm just extra careful to avoid those large puddles in parking lots and any flooded roads.

Back