Which EMS ?

MSP-Ralfi

Ok i basically dont know ANYTHING when it comes to these EMS systems but i do know i need one. Ive been reading around and everyoine has mixed opinions but honestly which one other than the aem and haltech IS the best one ? Emanage ? Mpi ? Unichip ? i just want the best one where i can get my car tuned right and running good.

mods?

State what modifications you have and what are the plans or goals for your car. Stock block or forged? There is a group buy going for Dsm's afc which would be helpful if your plans aren't too big. Good luck.

Last edited:
I hear the most good things about Microtech.. easy to use.. easy to install.. all around good.

There is a sale on them too .. Regular price about $1300, on sale for $999

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about the Microtech's I sell, or any of the others. I've used the MPI and the Microtech personally, and am familiar with Haltech and the DSM AFC. I also know a bit about the AEM... all are great systems but all are different price points and abilities.

Is the microtech system stand alone? i know i need a ems cuz im looking into getting my fmic. and right now my car will catch so much turbo lag. black smoke would come out of my exhaust at times. would a ems correct this.

tEaM ElItE said:
Is the microtech system stand alone? i know i need a ems cuz im looking into getting my fmic. and right now my car will catch so much turbo lag. black smoke would come out of my exhaust at times. would a ems correct this.
LOOOOLLLL

don't forget to purchase a J&S Ultra Guard Knock defender, no matter what EMS/Piggy-Back you go for, it is realtime-dynamic knock defending. It makes a great safeguard and performance enhancer for any car that has been modd'ed...

apocman said:
don't forget to purchase a J&S Ultra Guard Knock defender, no matter what EMS/Piggy-Back you go for, it is realtime-dynamic knock defending. It makes a great safeguard and performance enhancer for any car that has been modd'ed...

Listen to the man..J&S all the way....I got one on the GB with turfburn....all I need now is a damn engine..any suggestions(drive)

Jeremy

I'll throw a 3rd on the J&S. Whatever you do, you should get a J&S. As for EMS', it depends on what you want to do. There is no "perfect" EMS out there because everyone has different opinions. Figure out what you want to do and what you want to spend. Then that will help the decision. If someone is using a particular EMS, then they may have a bias opinion. I use the MPI and LOVE it, but I haven't used any other system, so my opinion is biased. You really need to figure out what you want to do FIRST!

well im not flashed. (would it help)? well im looking to make my car sho n go. im at least trying to hit 260hp. i know there are a lot of ems solutions out there but i just want one that i wouldnt have to mess with so much. just plug-n-play.... i pretty much want something good and reliable so $ isnt a factor. thankz (thumb)

yeah J&S is supposdly the bomb I cant wait to get mine in

as for what you need for EMS any of them will work, what your looking for HP wise is not that much, but your going to need a built motor to have 260whp realiably I think

there are people pushing that on the stock motor but who knows for how long :)

tEaM ElItE said:
well im not flashed. (would it help)? well im looking to make my car sho n go. im at least trying to hit 260hp. i know there are a lot of ems solutions out there but i just want one that i wouldnt have to mess with so much. just plug-n-play.... i pretty much want something good and reliable so $ isnt a factor. thankz (thumb)

if money is not a factor then the J&S - Microtech combo would be a great choice for sure. I am still weighing my options but I am pretty sure it will either be Microtech or Hydra that I choose. THe problem with Hydra is that nobody has it working on the Protege that I am aware of.

The flash would help a little possibly, but it will also increase your chance of blowing your motor without some type of fuel management

get a wideband, then you will know what your A/F ratios are

apocman said:

where can i get one of those, how much are they

You can get the JandS through me as I've been handling the group buy stuff with John at JandS. The cost is 485 plus shipping for the unit and sensor etc. I can fill you in on more of the details.

The Microtech is a standalone... any of the EMS's will help with your hesitation and the like that you are getting on that car... so it's really a matter of what you want to do, how much you want to spend, and who you want to deal with.

later!

steve

Back