which cat back exhaust is best?

Recoil

:
2006 mazda 3 sport
Hey guys can someone tell me which cat back exhaust system will give me the most gains in hp and torque? 2006 mazda 3 GS 2.3

Borla,magnaflow,HKS,5zigen, or any others??

i read the sticky on exhaust but it really does tell me which ones are best?

help please.....

Largely a matter of personal choice.
An exhaust by itself will not afford you any serious gains... only some top end. In fact you will probably lose some low end torque with one.
I have the Vibrant and love the way it looks and sounds. It uses 3-bolt flanges instead of clamps and comes w/it's own high flow cat, but I did notice a loss on take-off. The Vib uses 60mm tubing (2-3/8". Factory is 50mm) which w/the low restriction is probably too much for a DD. It took me < 1-1/2 hours to install in my driveway... albeit with some cut up knuckles afterward. Watch out for the sharp edges on the heat shield.
If you are not planning to track/race the car, be careful just how unrestrictive you want the exhaust to be. You could always take it to the local exhaust shop, have them install a muffler and a nicer tailpipe tip and call it a day? That's probably the cheapest way out too.

I have heard the Borla is very nice too. Those would be my choices.

Magnaflow sucks..good for 6 months then fart can sound, Borla or HKS to much scape unless u planning to turbo it. Vibrant.....Perfect for NA and deep low sound, almost to the Speed exhaust but deeper..no clue to 5Zigen

forgot about that one...^^ + on that one to

HUH?
Would you edit your post so that it makes sense, please?
Are you saying the HKS is good or your Vibrant is? I'm completely confused.

Frankly, and for a street car/DD, I think 2.4" (roughly 60mm) is a little big for an NA car.

HUH?
Would you edit your post so that it makes sense, please?
Are you saying the HKS is good or your Vibrant is? I'm completely confused.

Frankly, and for a street car/DD, I think 2.4" (roughly 60mm) is a little big for an NA car.
eh, was talking about corksport...

Uh, yeah sorry. I meant CorkSport. 'Seems we're confusing each other now. :D
When you said, - that one, and + that one too, what did you mean? That's what I was getting at.

Back