Where to buy FSDE

hornsfan10609

Certified Mazda Tech
:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege x2
I am looking for an FS engine assembly to replace the blown motor in the 2nd MSP I bought and I am curious where others have purchased from. I have found several sites but upon reading reviews most companies are shady and I am not about to get burned. I will probably find one through LKQ but I was wondering if anyone had a good source for a legitimate and reasonably priced FSDE here in the US. I could use a JDM FSZE if I can find one, i'm not concerned about the minor bump in compression since I'm not running more than 9-10psi. I am also finding a lot of FPs listed as FSs, lots of shady stuff going on...

How much did y'all pay? Ballpark? I was thinking an FS with over 100k miles would be 3-500 but they are asking 600+ for motors that will need a rebuild and 800-1k for decent used engines.

LKQ sells them for under $200. With a 30day warranty even. Thats where we always get them. As generally every LKQ usually has half a dozen of them on hand.

Damn that's a deal. I sent a parts request through LKQ and never got a response but I will definitely go that route if it is that cheap, thanks for the heads up

I'm the reason FS prices are going up. ;)

Lol well hopefully I can still find one, I really don't want to waste my time with a used engine and prefer to rebuild and go forged but I can't swing the extra 3-4K right now. If I could I would probably have a different car lol

You can pull one yourself from LKQ for about $300 but there weren't any decent motors that I would have felt comfortable dropping in my MSP at the LKQ near me. Unknown mileage and condition. There is a warranty but i'm not about to risk having to do a motor swap twice to save a couple bucks, ain't nobody got time for that.

I ended up finding a 25k mile motor on car-part.com and had it shipped to my door for about $1200.

Jesus. 1200 is ******* crazy. I went and pulled a block from a wrecked car at the local Pullapart. Cost me $100 and a quick google search of the VIN gave me a rough estimate of the last known mileage on the car, (~100K). Threw it in the car after new bearings and a quick hone. No problems since, drives great. Probably better then my built motor did lol

Back