Whats your STOCK MSP Pushing?

Fricks

:
2003.5 MazdaSpeed Protege
Hey guys, my MSP is pretty much stoc except for a bigger intercoolor and a couple custom pipes running to and from the turbo, also a BOV. Im pushing 7 lbs of boost right now, are you guys pushing more? Is it safe to push more with a stock engine or too risky. I just feel this car has more power then 7 lbs (yes)

All I have is an ETS intercooler, Injen CAI and an mls tespipe. I'm pushing 9 psi.

hey man, i see youre in jersey what part? and these cars are capable of more, BUT you need all the proper bolt ons and something to tune with (ssafc or unichip) to up the boost. most guys run up to 10psi on a stock engine. some have run more usually 12psi on a stock block but thats about it . everyone will recommend going forged if u plan on pushing the boost up even higher. these engines arent the strongest, but these cars overall are fun to drive. im currently running 9psi untuned for now until i install my ssafc which ive been dreading doing the wiring. but once its wired in ill up it to 13-14psi. plus if u look at my sig, mine is far from stock.

Damn yeah mine is pretty much stock... but not really haha. I just cant see why im pushing 7 psi when i know there is more. I need a tune, just dont know where to go about it. And im located in Toms River, next to Seaside.

cool. you about 45 minutes away. search the for sale section for a ssafc or unichip to tune with. only other option is going full standalone. which im not even considering ...YET haha. go to cross over auto .com or cr3motorsports.com for a piggyback to tune on. thats the real key to making reliable power without going zoom zoom boom with these engines.

Sweet not too far. But i looked at the websites and such, but honestly i do not know a single thing about tuning. I do think i need a tune asap though, my diff blew about a month ago.

A friend made 150/151tq on a mobile dyno with his MSP that had a cone filter in place of the stock airbox and a universal muffler welded in place of the stock RB catback, so basically stock. Get an SSAFC to tune it and an EBC to turn the boost up if you like, I have a greddy on a stock block/turbo and it has ran 10psi for a couple years now.

Hmmm so how do i tune the SSAFC when i get it? And could you link me to a SSAFC to buy?

Thanks. Just posted asking a question hopefully they respond fast. Not sure what this programmer will do for my car nor do i know how to use it

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123620555-AFC-SplitSecond-PSC1-Map-Library&

It isn't a programmer it is a piggyback that modifies the MAF and primary O2 signals the ECU reads. You can load different fuel maps to the AFC to alter the 'tune' of the car. Then you tune the fuel map with data logs until your AFRs are where you want them. There is a base tune (the super stock map) that will work fine for stock or close to stock cars.

Okay sooo if i got an SAFC, would i bring it somewhere for them to tune it for me?

Okay sooo if i got an SAFC, would i bring it somewhere for them to tune it for me?

you can tune it yourself or have a shop dyno tune it for you. i mean it uses the R4 tuning software, which i assume there are plenty of shops that use/or have used that kind of tuning software.

Back