What's the purpose of this vacuum line...

bumpin_p5

:
2002.5 Mazda Protege5 SportAuto
What's the purpose of this vacuum line and does it need to be plugged up the same way when I run my hardpipes when I put my turbo on? Thanks.

Attachments

• vac line.JPG
    vac line.JPG
    238.8 KB · Views: 152
It's the positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) system hose.

bumpin_p5 said:
so if I leave that in the intercooler pipe it will be ok.

i wouldn't put it on a pressure pipe, i would run it to the intake pipe.

looks more like a small conical air filter to me. Is that what yall are talking about? Thanks

and by the way, does anyone know where the best place to put the air temp sensor is on a boosted application? thanks

Captain KRM P5 said:
i wouldn't put it on a pressure pipe, i would run it to the intake pipe.

Doh...you're right. Bonehead thought on my behalf, heh.

bumpin_p5 said:
looks more like a small conical air filter to me. Is that what yall are talking about? Thanks

and by the way, does anyone know where the best place to put the air temp sensor is on a boosted application? thanks
you can put it in the fender well, as some have. or put it in the pipe near the maf. drill a hole w/ grommet or something.

For boosted - you would 'have' to put it in the MAF air stream. For me (SRI) ambient engine bay temp=air inlet temp.

P-Funk! said:
For boosted - you would 'have' to put it in the MAF air stream. For me (SRI) ambient engine bay temp=air inlet temp.
some people put it in the fender well. evidently there's a hole that fits it perfectly.

Back