Waste of space/money?

The theory is probably to get more air to the turbo, the practice is that it is more show than go....but what do I know.

It may actually help, but it seems like bling factor to me, maybe someone will have a response on an actual performance value.

peepsalot said:
It's basically like having another turbo. :rolleyes:

i dont really understand this since u have the roll eyes im assuming ur just being a smart ass.... cuz splitting up your intake is nothing like having another turbo.... newayz

yea when i use to live in japan quite a few ppl would do this and im not to sure if there is ne benifets.... would like to know though

I guess your filter would get dirty only half as fast... other than that I really don't see the point. Maybe a single filter doesn't flow enough for that setup...?

viVid said:
I guess your filter would get dirty only half as fast... other than that I really don't see the point. Maybe a single filter doesn't flow enough for that setup...?

Yes, I've seen it. It's just for more air flow, and it helps if in the right application. But any near stock engine can't suck enough air to warrant it.

I think a bigger intake pipe with a bigger filter would be better than 2 extra lil paths and 2 filters. It's like people who do Dual Exhausts on a 4 banger, its better to have 1 big exhaust pipe and 1 straight through muffler then adding more crap to the system.

I know its apples and apples and I could be full of s***, but hey I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Pete

hazeXban said:
I think a bigger intake pipe with a bigger filter would be better than 2 extra lil paths and 2 filters. It's like people who do Dual Exhausts on a 4 banger, its better to have 1 big exhaust pipe and 1 straight through muffler then adding more crap to the system.

I know its apples and apples and I could be full of s***, but hey I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Pete

man so did u do some of your best thinking last night in the shower there?

look at the size of the turbo inlet. now compare to the size of the apex power intake filters... MUCH larger. i'm assuming, it's so you don't have to reduce the piping and still be able to intake the same amount of air.

Latest posts

Back