VTCS Solenoid

VEXEL

:
2002 Mazda Protege, LX
Hello All, My Check engine light came on and I took it to my local Autozone and had them check the code. It's P1569 VTCS Soleniod valve circuit low input. Is this something relatively easy to fix? And where is it located at, what does it look like, and where can I find parts for it. I've also read that other possible problems for this code could be a broken Vacuum line. Which Vacuum line would it be? I'm not a mechanic and know the below bare minimum about fixing cars. But I do enjoy a challenge now and then, and I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty. I bought a Haynes repair manual for my Mazda but found nothing in it about this particular problem. Oh and the car is a 2002 Mazda Protege Lx 2.0 L. Thanks for your Help in advance, would appreciate any diagrams you could provide to.

Simple. It is a solenoid on top of the intake manifold. I dont have a diagram but if you look you will see like 2 solenoids with vacuum hoses going to them.

Part is dealer only but it isnt too expensive. If you go to a Mazda parts department they can print out a document with a picture of who it hooks up

Rockauto.com has them just look for them using the OEM part number i think they are for the 1997 MPV, i ordered them quite a few months now, and also excellent price compare to OEM.

Back