VICS problem?

0versteer

:
2003 mazdaspeed protege.
Im having a problem at higher RPM's..
car runs great, pulls very hard to redline.
when i shift at higher rpms (above 5,000 when VICS opens) and i drop before the VICS cossover, the car bucks realllly bad.
its almost like fuel cut, but my wastegate is working fine (external wastegate) and my boost gauge reads 7 psi with no creep.

Mods (incase it helps)
obx manifold
external tail wastegate
stock t25r
2.5 exhaust (no cat, straight exhaust to a flowmaster)
FMIC
hard pipes.
HKS bov
relocated maf
EGR delete
new coils and plugs.

i have no check engine lights, and i can no figure this crap out, im leaning toward vics cause it ALWAYS happens when shift around the vics cross over range.

Should i remove the VICS/VTCS?

Sooo tonight i did some hard puls, and shifted while i was still in the VICS crossover, and it was fine.
if i shift when vics opens, but the rpms drop below the VICS cross over, i get horrible bucking (like no fuel or spark)

im pretty positive its VICS..
is this normal?

i cant say id relate it to the vics/vtcs. but the stock tune on these cars is pig-rich and causes bucking and hesitation around that 3800-5200 rpm range . get it tuned on a ssafc and the car will respond a whole lot better.

..that makes a lot of sense.

im getting UAFC and wideband for christmass.. so ill just have to keep it civil till then i suppose.. ha

Variable intake runner control system. It's a set of flaps in the intake that open around 4k rpm. The only problem most have with the system is a vacuum line leaking or a solenoid fail. Some cars had the screws holding the VICS flaps back out and get eaten by the motor but that is only a certain VIN range not pertaining to the MSPs.

Back