ValvoMax Quick Twist Valve

These types of vales have been well established dating back to the days of JC Whitney not to be very the best idea on a sump pan. They extend to far into the pan and depending on how the oil is drained and the type of pan you could be leaving over a 1/2 quart of old oil during your oil replacing service. Also, a sludge does build up on the bottom of the sump area even with normal service oil changes.
All that for simply to not use a combination wrench and a little oil spilled on your fingers of toll is not worth the negative aspects of using them.

One last thing to mention there is no magnet on them and on that subject a good quality Magnet Drain Plug is a far better investment than those type of drain plugs.

I must add that not all drain plugs with magnets have the best quality, so I recommend a Dimple Drain Plug Magnet every time!

^^^ Thanks for the information. In regards to the oil drained, according to the manufacturer the valve is designed to sit flush with the inside of the pan, thereby releasing all the oil, the same as the Fumto drain valve.

^^^ Thanks for the information. In regards to the oil drained, according to the manufacturer the valve is designed to sit flush with the inside of the pan, thereby releasing all the oil, the same as the Fumto drain valve.
There are lots of arguments here and elsewhere about the Fumoto too. I happily use a Fumoto on mine

The pan has a weld raised nut in the inside so the flush would be flush with the nut not the actual pan. And if you do not know the nut size, how can you shim appropriately so the threads do not extend above the nut.
Fumoto is the worst of the drain plugs because to set up it correctly you also need to "INDEX" the slot with shims to properly face it towards the rear of the pan or lowest position for draining. No arguments on either just the facts..... if you like the ease of using these type of valves than just understand there can be what some may say is a considerable amount of old oil left in the pan during the service.
The good thing however is that the pan on Skyactiv engines is on the side of the pan unlike many that are on the bottom of the pan or like on the transmission. Never the less that angle even without the addition of a valve hold some oil during a normal engine oil service. Rasing the front of the vehicle helps for most of that remaining oil but not all of it.

20200423_132104_resize_a2e9c1652c674eb1055058cd8eff2bac1504d39f.jpg

Back