Using this for 6 months as front parking sensors (2016 CX-5)

This was 1 point which I was also thinking but since I needed it desperately still bought it.

This is what after using it for so long realized. In 90% cases as I approach something its usually always in front of me (nearabouts) and then moves to either corner as I turn my car. I am covered from that perspective.

Next: long walls and things placed on walls while I drive inwards. Unless its something really small then the sensors detect it while its (say) a foot or two away. The sensors are conical moving outwards.

Frankly, its a little tough to explain but I feel with these sensors I am yet to find it lacking even in tight spots and corners.

Thanks for feedback

Sensors and camera are pretty much all you need for parking spots.

If you can't get in then move to another spot and avoid the hard-ache of damage

This would be a great example where a Birdseye view monitor would be helpful. Hopefully in future models we will see this as both Nissan and Toyota have this feature.

This would be a great example where a Birdseye view monitor would be helpful. Hopefully in future models we will see this as both Nissan and Toyota have this feature.

We must be lucky here cause Japan is getting 360 camera and so are we (on top spec model that is)

I hope Mazda North American Operations can group all missing features available to other regions such as integrated front and rear parking sensors and side-view camera etc. as an optional Luxury Package and make it available to US customers on CX-5.

On the other day I had a chance to ride brother's brand-new Volvo XC60 and experienced its 360˚ Surround Bird's-Eye View. I believe that's the best tool to help driver parking in a very tight spot. Mazda should step up the plate and offer this feature as this feature is getting very popular even Nissan Rogue and Chevy Bolt have this feature available now!

0000275ec853-1563-4d5a-8.jpg

It's only recently come online - Mazda CX-8, 6 and now CX-5. Give it time :)

Rogues had it for awhile now.
Learned today that the new Santa Fe is getting...wait for it: a HUD.

I hope Mazda North American Operations can group all missing features available to other regions such as integrated front and rear parking sensors and side-view camera etc. as an optional Luxury Package and make it available to US customers on CX-5.

On the other day I had a chance to ride brother's brand-new Volvo XC60 and experienced its 360˚ Surround Bird's-Eye View. I believe that's the best tool to help driver parking in a very tight spot. Mazda should step up the plate and offer this feature as this feature is getting very popular even Nissan Rogue and Chevy Bolt have this feature available now!

0000275ec853-1563-4d5a-8.jpg

If you have the Birdseye view monitor there really is no need for all those parking sensors and side cameras.

If you have the Birdseye view monitor there really is no need for all those parking sensors and side cameras.

Some people need all the assistance tools that they can get to "help" their driving/parking :(

As many know, Aussies get the goodies like front parking sensors, whereas here in US it's not even on the menu. What's offered are the rear parking sensors at a rather hefty price which BTW - no one installs (almost) since rear camera is default.

Anyways - due to a peculiar and rather dangerous condition w.r.t. my parking situation at home and 1 offsite work place I was forced to look at all after-market solutions for FRONT parking sensors.

I took a leap of faith and got this about 6 months back.

Review - fantastic decision. Its quite accurate and performs really well. Has it quirks like need the phone, etc. but the ready button is a nice touch and its default included. The price is very decent and if both rear/forward bought at the same time it's $200 with free shipping (US).

Already saved me twice from hitting that darn pillar. Currently, both my cars have rear cameras so in both have it as front parking sensors. In fact, it detects movement pretty good so think of it like this - in many cases behaves like rear cross-traffic alert but front side. This is especially relevant for me as I also have a driveway and invariably there's some BIG pickups parked at both sides of the mouth of the driveway. This thing beeped many times warning me of cross traffic. Similar situation - parking lot @ busy shopping centers like Costco.
The link is no longer working - sends me to a sales/referral site. Can you (or someone else) please provide additional information on the sensor you are referencing? Thank you.

Back