Uber Update v2

Ubercharged

Contributor
:
'01 Mazda Miata LS2 w/ mods
I just got back from Grand Junction where I dropped the car off for its transmogrification. I'm giving up on the Uber and having a FMII (GT3071R) installed in the Stroker.
I'll miss the SC Screeeeeeam at WOT and the ability to toddle around town in third gear. I'll have to learn how to drive a turbo, too. (nailbyt)

Kansei said:
gimme the SC! A 3071.. niiice. How much power are you looking at putting down.

The SC will be available in a couple of weeks. I want FM to look it over before it's sold. To the best of my knowledge, there's less than 5kmiles on the blower. Bill sold it to me after mine got tired of running in the 17krpm range and had a SMEF*.
Before I left GJ yesterday, Jeremy asked me how far he should tune it. I thought I should stay in the ~350rwhp range...shoot, that's three times what it made N/A!

*SMEF: Sudden Massive Existance Failure

That's going to be a sweet setup. Stroker + Boost = :D . Keep us posted. Pics are mandatory to play here ;).

kcbhiw said:
That's going to be a sweet setup. Stroker + Boost = :D . Keep us posted. Pics are mandatory to play here ;).
So true. Let me see if I can find a pic of the Uber next to what it will become...This pic is from August '05 when I took the Uber 2 Voodoo up to get it tweaked. It sat in their garage next to a "Zen FMII" (Make me one with everything!) Miata from the midwest. Mine still shows the polished blower that, eventually, was overspun.(smoke) It took the Hydra upgrade & 550 injectors while there.

I'll post more pics when we get back from Miatas in Moab. We fly back to GJ Thursday a week to pick it up and drive to Moab.

Attachments

• FM Uber Tweak August 2005 030.JPG
    FM Uber Tweak August 2005 030.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
Back