twm short throw shifter

Super Unique

:
2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3 Black Mica
I got my shifter and bushings last night and installed them immediately :)

My question is, how are others dealing with the now excessive amount of boot material. If I let it sag down it seems to like getting tangled in the cables and mechanism. Not to the point of tearing, but enough to possibly interfere with good shift accuracy.

Are there aftermarket boots available that have less material in them to account for the shorter throw of the new shifter?

Yep, I've noticed this also. Redlinegoods.com makes custom shiftboots and their quality is awesome. You can tell them you want them to make it shorter when ordering, in inches.

My short shifter hasnt arrived yet, does anyone know how many inches shorter the boot would need to be to look proper?

Thanks for the info. That makes a lot of sense, TWM says its reduced throw by almost 2" why not get a 2" shorter boot..

Mine sags. I've never had a problem. It's also great for catching biscuit crumbs for later gnoshing.

Thanks for the info. That makes a lot of sense, TWM says its reduced throw by almost 2" why not get a 2" shorter boot..

Well they reduced the throw by changing the pivot point, but also shortened the shaft by 1.75", so that's what is causing excess boot material.

i have the twm shifter and bushings and i got a shiftdoot and ebrake boot from redline and it is perfect, the shifter says it lowers buy 1.75 so i choose a boot that is shorter by 1.8

i have the twm shifter and bushings and i got a shiftdoot and ebrake boot from redline and it is perfect, the shifter says it lowers buy 1.75 so i choose a boot that is shorter by 1.8

I looked at redlines website, I see the mazda3 04+ that will work for the speeds? It was mentioned that the TWM boot for the regular 3 isnt compatible.
Also do you have any pics of your shift boot and ebrake boot?

Couldn't you just cut the stock one or are you saving it for when you sell the car?

Back