Turbo timer on remote starts

RiP 8/23/07

:
Electric Blue FWD GT cx7
I have been paranoid about driving my car cold cause of properly lubricateing the turbo so I have been looking for an alarm/ remote start for some time and came across some information I didn't know. higher end remote starts have a built in turbo timer which surprised me. all you do is push 2 buttons before you turn off the car and the car will continue to run 1, 3 or 6 minutes depending on how you set it.

you dont need to give up you key anymore like old times they make a mazda/ford relay module that can learn your key and its alot cheaper then buying another $130 key.

all DEI aka viper/clifford line of products offer some sort of 2 way with a turbo timer.
general model w/specs viper 791xv
http://www.viper.com/Products/Product.aspx?ProductID=104

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way for them to integrate an aftermarket remote start into my factory smartkey...

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way for them to integrate an aftermarket remote start into my factory smartkey...

a couple of my friends have this done in their cars but I wanted the added security features adn the turbo timer.
all they do is hook up the sensor for the remote start to the stock module and set it for the input.

my friend has a xterra and uses her stock remote... you hit lock 3x and the car starts its not too expensive under 200 I think but you dont get any extended range. high end aftermarket ones go 1 mile its pretty rediculous almost

The problem is that the advanced key works differently than the switchblade key and only the Mazda remote start system works with it.

I have a Compustar 900. Great range. Pages you when alarmed, and a Turbo Timer.
From what I understand, you need to press some buttons on the key to activate turbo timer with DEI, but compustar's turbo timer kicks in as you press on the parking break after you put your gear on P.

remote start update

been on vacation for past week in vermont snowboarding and my friend finally installed it while I was away. so far I love it gives me the auto lock and unlock feature as an added bonus, turbo timer is only 2 buttons if I decide to use it before I turn off the car. my friend wired the defroster output to the climate control button so I can turn that on with remote, really dont need rear defroster in jersey.

mazdas with auto headlights dont have the glitch that some acuras have where if the remote start times out the headlights dont go off which was a worry I knew about before install.

With the Mazda remote start you can always set it to keep the car running with the "Quick Stop" feature, and then lock it and walk away. It'll turn off when you hit the button or in ten minutes when the remote start timer turns it off.

Voila! Turbo timer. :)

Using the “Quick-Stop” Feature
If you want to make a short stop and leave your vehicle running (to keep the interior warm or cool), the quickstop
feature allows you to do this while keeping your vehicle secure and your keys with you.
To engage quick-stop:
1. Stop the vehicle and place the transmission in PARK.
2. With your foot off the brake pedal, press the START button on the remote control. The parking lights will
turn on indicating the vehicle is now running via remote start.
3. Turn the ignition off and remove the key from the ignition (Retractable key only) and exit the vehicle.
Insert the key into the driver’s door and turn to the LOCK position to lock the vehicle doors.
4. When you return to the vehicle, enter the vehicle and disengage the remote start as explained in “Entering
the Vehicle While it is Running via Remote Start” (page 3).

Back