Turbo Timer on MS6?

Alexi

:
Whitewater Peral Mazdaspeed 6 Sport
I'm looking to put a turbo timer on the MS6 and was wondering if I need to do anything special or just wire it up...on my old GTi I had to buy a special module to bypass the immobileizer.....

I'm either looking at the a standard Greddy or the Apexi pencil

Thanks!

save your money, you don't need the turbo timer on the MS6 - it's oil AND water cooled so assuming you don't race in high boost and then immediately shut it off 10 seconds later you will be fine without it.

there are many other things the car truly "needs" - I would spend money on those things first.

there are many other things the car truly "needs" - I would spend money on those things first.

as a noob, what does my car truly need? i was thinking bpv, mounts and boost gauge (dashhawk?)?

also, sorry to threadjack.

Agree with everybody else, our cars really don't NEED a turbo timer. Plus I'm not sure they have it worked out where you can still lock your car while it is running.

As for what your car truly needs, it all depends on what you plan to do with it. If you plan to just driving her nicely and not driving her hard all the time. Then nothing.

i've got to do something, the boost is addicting.

i'm gonna keep the mods moderate, intake, bpv, dashawk, cobb, rx8 rims,motor mounts, shifter bushing, springs and a new freakin' sub. then, when it's paid off, make it a beast. that's why i'm curious about the things i truly need.

again, sorry for the threadjackin'.

get a turbo back exhaust, standback, front mount, and big turbo running 100psi.. then when its payed off go really big!!! on a side note im really bored and feel like post bs all around the site lol

just sit in your car for 45 seconds and let it idle before you turn it off. that's all a turbo timer does. save your money...

LOL!

welcome to my world on an almost daily basis when i post.

and thanks for the advice. 100psi, got it.

yea but you got to make sure u add a spoiler and fancy vinyls down the side, ooooh like a cool dragaon. if u dont the car cant support that much boost!

really no safety in it. our turbo is both water and oil cooled so staying out of boost before you shut it off is just as good as using a turbo timer. i say save your money.

Back