trying to recirculate with SRI

goku4658

Red-Eyed MSP
:
2003.5 MSP
does anyone have any experience with setting up recirculating setup with a "homemade" intake?

i have the old wagner fmic with the sri from way back that i bought off a member. however, I want to recirculate my greddy bov back into the intake. but there's no place to connect a hose on the intake. anyone know what i need to do or how i explain what i need to shop.

so just bring it to a shop askin for a nipple on the intake? anyone got a reputable shop in nyc (i'm in brooklyn)?

Or, you could just get a CAI intake (Injen?) but only use the pipe that comes off the turbo. Just drill a hole for the IAT sensor, and you're done. No shop needed.. no labor to pay.

Or, you could just get a CAI intake (Injen?) but only use the pipe that comes off the turbo. Just drill a hole for the IAT sensor, and you're done. No shop needed.. no labor to pay.

this is another option, does anybody have pics of the injen as an sri? I just want to see if the pipes for the wagner fmic would get in the way.

hey i was wondering if u needed that pipe still. i have some one interested in it if not thanks.

this is another option, does anybody have pics of the injen as an sri? I just want to see if the pipes for the wagner fmic would get in the way.

here is my injen sri.

Attachments

• DSCN1187.JPG
    DSCN1187.JPG
    767.4 KB · Views: 294
here is my injen sri.

thanks for the pic. I can't honestly suggest that you hold it for me, as I don't know for sure if I'll be able to take it off your hands. I need to take a pic of my setup and get some opinions if that will fit the way my FMIC pipes are routed. My gut feeling is no, it won't work, but I guess we'll see.

Make sure when you recirc that you have both a big enough nipple on the SRI, as well as a large enough diameter hose to route the air. If the hose is restrictive you may get some turkey.

thanks for the tip, any recommendations on nipple size on the SRI? I remember seeing some people using 1" heater hose coming from the Greddy BOV's. Does that mean i should go with a 1" nipple on the SRI side?

1" Is sufficient, yes. Also, the recirc hose should be short-ish, and have very slight or no abrupt bends in it. I see better gas mileage, faster spooling, no turkey, and less stalling in your future...

Back