Trunk, Will It Fit??

JDM-P5

The Jamaican Sensation
:
2006 Speed6 GT
99-05 trunk lid...is it interchangeable with the earlier models? Or are they totally different?

Thnx & Thnx.
I just forgot to come back and update the post.
CF trunk lid in the works folks
;)

JDM-P5 said:
Thnx & Thnx.
I just forgot to come back and update the post.
CF trunk lid in the works folks
;)

Sweet!!! That's always good to know!(nana)

Do you have any pics of the fitment of the CF trunk lid?

z00mer said:
Sweet!!! That's always good to know!(nana)

Do you have any pics of the fitment of the CF trunk lid?
Well, the company is in California....I just happened to inquire when I saw the '99 lid.
But, I've been pestering Trevor over @ RatsBack, but they've been busy doing NB parts & stuff.

Here's the email I rec. from the guys out in Cali....
Hi,
The carbon fiber lid for 90-97 is still in the making. Please check us in a week.
So yeah...I am waiting on a follow up email from him.
-Phil

It's funny, a CF hood* actually weighs more than the stock hood. I wonder if the trunk lid will too?

*The ones that are being sold 99% of the time have a fiberglass frame with only the outerlayer being CF...

Last edited:
MiaTurbo said:
It's funny, a CF hood* actually weighs more than the stock hood. I wonder if the trunk lid will too?

*The ones that are being sold 99% of the time have a fiberglass frame with only the outerlayer being CF...

I heard the same....hopefully they go light weight!

Yep, looks like mazda did it right for the most part w/ this one :) I can't think of another car off hand where the stock hood's lighter than a carbon replacement...

MiaTurbo said:

He's right. I love this guy! (second)

This gave me a good idea for a thread, too bad I don't care enough to make it.

..teheh, ok ok...

Mazdaspeedgirl said:
He's right. I love this guy! (second)
*O/T* I hope that #2 tophy is only second to your husband ;) *O/T*

Back