Trouble with coilover install

shrimpcooker

:
2003 Mazda, Protege5
Hey guys, i just picked up some BC Coilovers for my P5 and was told by BC that the stock front endlinks would fit to the coilovers. I got them put on the car and but the endlinks are too long for the coilovers. Am i just missing something or do i need to get aftermarket endlinks to work with the BC coilovers. Same question applies to the rear, i dont have the rear coilovers on yet but was going to do that in a few days. Thanks for the help!

compare the length of the endlinks BC supplies with the coilovers with your old endlinks. I used the supplied endlinks and have no issues.

hmm that might be my problem, i bought them second hand off this forum and he didn't send the endlinks. Time to get into contact with him see if he still has them i guess.

What happens is that your shocks aren't compressed so you need to compress them. When I bought new end links (moog) I had to jack up the whole suspension to compress my shocks and they fit. Car drives great, no problems.

What happens is that your shocks aren't compressed so you need to compress them. When I bought new end links (moog) I had to jack up the whole suspension to compress my shocks and they fit. Car drives great, no problems.
No, the stock links will be too long no matter what with the bc's. I used a set of whitelines that you cut to length for the fronts. They were about $50 for the set.

Back