Tri-Point Turbocharging Kit for Sky 2.0 Released

I went up to dynotronics last week as they were looking for a SA car to do testing on. They had already got one though plus they can't dyno an auto. I've been checking the thread on mazda3revolution for any feedback on it.

Will never happen on a 13:1 engine. Can't take any boost without detonation at that compression.

Absolutely can happen on a 13:1 engine. The key will be in the ignition timing. With direct injection it is very possible. Add to that water/meth injection greatly helps to stabilize combustion. With port injection it would likely never happen. The problem with it happening on this engine is the rods were significantly lightened as well as the crank. They wouldn't last long under boost.

the lower compression leave internal pressures where there's "room" for extra compression from a turbo/blower...

the lower octane means that there is space to help keep preignition in check...

with the proper tuning software i don't think it would be much of an issue... it would need to be a modest amount of boost... say around 6psi, but would still make for a nice bump in power...

It can be done. Subaru BRZ has a compression ratio of 12.5:1 and the aftermarket is catching up with superchargers and turbocharger kits. Where there is a will, there is a way.
Problem is, there is insufficient demand for Skyactiv modifying. I hope the Mazda3 community pushes hard for it so we can benefit from it...

the fact that these 2.5 L engines are now in 3 different cars, makes it more and more worthwile for any tuner/part maker to find a way to make more power.... that means (based on sales volume) potentially a lot more clients, mabe even more than the previous 2.3 disi mazdaspeed engines that where in the cx7, speed 6 and 2 gens of speed 3.

well dynotronics is doing skyactiv ecu testing so once a tuning solution is available stuff should happen.

the lower compression leave internal pressures where there's "room" for extra compression from a turbo/blower...

the lower octane means that there is space to help keep preignition in check...

with the proper tuning software i don't think it would be much of an issue... it would need to be a modest amount of boost... say around 6psi, but would still make for a nice bump in power...

You have that backwards. Lower octane fuel burns at a much quicker rate and lends itself to preignition much more quickly than with higher octane fuels. 6psi all depends on the size of the turbo.

I understand that...I was saying since our engines use low octane fuel, that there is plenty of room to use premium or ethanol tuning wise to keep things in check...

And yes I understand that 6psi depends in the flow...

Jeez... the internet wants to correct you even when it's not necessary...

Back