transmission prob

Eddie30

Hi, I have a P5 with shiftronic, (66800km) by intermitance the gearbox automatically shift to 3rd gear and stay in third. There is no transmission or engine light that comes out.

Even in automatic mode or manual mode, the gearbox stay always in 3rd and it is not responding to a manual change.

By the way, even when I am in neutral position, put it to drive, the gearbox shift in 3rd...!

It could happen while driving, and/or while stationnary... and sometimes, while stationnary, passing from D to Manual, the gearbox swith from 1 to 2 to 1 very fast (in 1 second)...

The alternator was changed, and also the computer. And I notticed before the alternator was changed that the widows, and wipers were moving faster that normal, like if they received to much power... So the alternator was suspected, changed without results, so the next suspect was the computer and changed without results so now I am very lost!!!

Somes ideas???
or if some of you just know if there is somes goods (others) forums specialized in troubleshooting, 'cos there are so many on the web and so many that are crappy ones, so I thanks you in advance for your suggestions...

It could be the relay in the transmission that tells it when to shift and such...

So, this relay could be defect and the system didn't received any fault code in that case?

'cos at any time after the alternator was changed, I never got an engine or transmission light signal.

And thanks a lot for your fast response, I really appreciate.

the relay in my tranny went bad (I also have the sportronic) and would not allow it to unlock when going from gear to park. I had to use the manual lock switch to get it into park. So this *might* be your issue but Im not 100% since I dont know autos very well...

Back