Tranny conversion?

patsfan4life

:
1999 Mazda Protege LX
Switch out Auto to 5-speed? hard to do? pain? dont waste my time? this is of course a hypothetical question at this time...just interested to see if it would ever be worth me trying to save up for it.

Save your money...

...and buy another car.

Tranny swaps have been discussed numerous times. It always costs more than you think and is more work than it could possibly be worth. Just sell your car and buy another one. If you shop right, you can get decent coin for your car and pick up something newer or with fewer miles that has a 5-spd.

ya.... some have done it, but its not worth it, unless you got the money and want a project to do

or if you don't wanna get rid of your car.

if a full front clip falls into your lap then go ahead and do it. gathering all the parts without a complete donor is a b****

Does anyone know of any companies that make "fake" manual shifters for the auto tranny? I've seen some P5's where people make it look as if their tranny is manual but its really an automatic and I thought it was pretty cool and would like to do it to mine.

If anyone knows of any places that do post em here for me. Thanks

Well I don't want to pay the money for a manual tranny. Like I said, I've seen it done on P5's so I know its possible I just wanna know where to get it at.

yea i get it. im sayin if the option u suggested looks good, then i'd do that intstead cause it'll look cool but wont involve the hassle of converting auto to standard.

good luck, I a think you will need an ECU too or the car will throw a cell because it doesn't know what's happening with the tranny.

Yeah I know that's what I planned on doing. But I thought I'd show you that Momo one as well

Latest posts

Back