Touring - how come Sirius XM is not available without Bose?

:
2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring
Maybe I am not asking the question properly - but we just bought a 2016.5 CX-5 Touring. It does not have the BOSE, but has the HD stereo Infotainment + Nav.

When I inquired about the Sirius I was told it was not available due to the stereo system selected.

Why is it not offered?

Maybe I am not asking the question properly - but we just bought a 2016.5 CX-5 Touring. It does not have the BOSE, but has the HD stereo Infotainment + Nav.

When I inquired about the Sirius I was told it was not available due to the stereo system selected.

Why is it not offered?

If true it's just marketing.

Same reason I couldn't get adaptive headlights without a sunroof.

I think sponsor med center has a sirius add on kit. I think you have to add an antenna...

Well, Sirius/XM does not come on the touring with Bose either! You have to get the GT.
That being said, try Pandora. Create your own stations based on music you like. Really does not use up much cellular date. I do not miss XM at all!

Well, Sirius/XM does not come on the touring with Bose either! You have to get the GT.
That being said, try Pandora. Create your own stations based on music you like. Really does not use up much cellular date. I do not miss XM at all!

Totally agree with festus. Pandora has better sound quality and only costs you data charges. Sirius is $18 per month.

Back