Problem with touch screen (2023 CX-5)

I also have a problem with touch screen, not workind with iphone paired and carplay connected and even when I am not driving is not working, and under connectivity settings there is no option Touchscreen in Motion for all devices. Any ideas?

The 23 does not have a touchscreen, it was only added for 2024 model year. Mazda used to include a touchscreen from 2017 to 2020, but it has an idiotic, and I mean IDIOTIC, motion lockout. Especially when using Carplay or Android Auto which are designed to be used with touchscreens. Completely unnecessary when all the German brands have no such moronic lockout on their touchscreens. One of the few things that annoys me about a vehicle which I like overall.

My theory is that they disabled it to prevent the Ghost Touch problem. My 2019 needed the fix and they covered it although my warranty was beyond 3 years. Since the 2024 now has it, I am guessing they fixed the root cause.

Nope, it is/was an intentional and idiotic decision. They switched to a slightly larger non touch screen for the 21 to 23 models, which is still a downgrade from a usable touchscreen in my opinion, and finally went along with all the other carmakers on this issue with the current model year.

taking your eyes off the road and bumbling around to reach out to tap tiny buttons on a screen while you're driving isn't an 'upgrade'

Haha. I disagree. Way quicker to quickly press a button. Way more distracting to fumble around with a knob and control it indirectly. Especially with Carplay. The knob is serviceable but I would rather use a touchscreen.

Back