Throttle Body Spring Adjustment Screw

Bc-386

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
I made a mistake by touching the screw that adjusts the tension of the throttle body screw (aka: TAS). I have tried to look up how to adjust it properly, but all i can find are posts that say "DO NOT TOUCH". I think that bc i messed with this screw, it has caused me to burn up a couple TPS sensors.

Anyone know how i should adjust this?

Last edited:
You will have to monitor the voltage of the TPS sensor with the car running to know when it's within spec. I believe the sensor is a 5v signal so it will run from ~1v at idle up to 5v at WOT.

You will have to monitor the voltage of the TPS sensor with the car running to know when it's within spec. I believe the sensor is a 5v signal so it will run from ~1v at idle up to 5v at WOT.

Can i monitor the voltage properly with a scanner vs. stabbing the TPS wiring harness with needles?

Also, Does the engine have to be running or can the ignition be in the on position (w/ engine off) to read voltage?

bc, man checking it at WOT would be LOUD! ha BUT ill do what ever i have to do...

You should be able to read TPS voltage with an OBD2 scanner and the engine running

Back