This engine looks different...help!

PFUNK5

:
2003 Laser Blue P5
Hey guys, i'm in the market of buying a new engine for my p5. Take a look at these pictures...is that a coilpack? This person is selling an engine with 40000 miles for 750. I think this is a different version of fs-de...let me know engine experts!

Attachments

• IMG_6992.JPG
    IMG_6992.JPG
    255.3 KB · Views: 831
  • IMG_6993.JPG
    IMG_6993.JPG
    247.1 KB · Views: 781
  • IMG_6994.JPG
    IMG_6994.JPG
    233.4 KB · Views: 760
  • IMG_6995.JPG
    IMG_6995.JPG
    234 KB · Views: 750
  • IMG_6996.JPG
    IMG_6996.JPG
    257.3 KB · Views: 743
no thats a 2.0 626 engine....it will work just fine and the different intake manifold and coil packs are considered a upgrade from ours... so get it lol

Ok! And he said that this engine is direct import from Japan, said to use stock intake and exhaust (in my case an obx) manifold and we're ok. Any other mods i should be aware of?

Thanks guys!

my replacement engine turned out to be an fs-ze. the only way I could tell was by the camshaft #s. pull the valve cover to see. it looked like yours only I never saw the intake manifold

Attachments

• P5310010.JPG
    P5310010.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 704
  • P5310015.JPG
    P5310015.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 706
Last edited:
Umm, I think there will be serious problems with that engine working with the ECU. Ask theMAN, he knows the protege engines and what will and won't work.

it's NOT a FS-ZE
it's a FS-DE! the intake manifold alone tells the story!
the cam is nothing special, tons of FS-DEs around the world use it

TheMAN is awesome... like a ninja with information. That's still a pretty good deal on an engine though.

So what is the concensus? No good? Should check it out more? What's the big deal about the coilpack?

its still an FS-DE like I said
I don't say things unless I know what I'm talking about the first time

the coilpack is broken anyway... use this engine if its a good price for you... you still need to swap a bunch of your stock parts over though

I'll be still looking around today...thats the lowest price i can find so far in the tristate area and for that mileage. Everything else is around 60000 miles and $800 bucks up. Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited:
did you get that motor? i'll buy that thermostat cover from you if you did. it looks like it should clear my turbo better than mine now.

does anybody know where i can get this thermostat housing? its over instead of down like ours, would be perfect for clearing the turbo.

picture.php

Last edited:
Back