The Powertrain malfunction/reduced power warning light is ON

G

Guest2018C18

Hi All,

If you could kindly advice and explain my following issue with my cx 9 2010 / 20k KM/Millageز

While I was stuck in traffic, the The (Powertrain malfunction/reduced power warning light) came ON and I felt the car is moving with low power. I drove the car for 20 miters and stopped the engine. The I started again with no issues and the light went OFF. and I drove normally around 40 KM.

What could be the issue and is it safe to drive till I get it to the dealer?
Is this a popularly issue or something I should wary about?

Thank you in advance.

Was the transimission under heavy load (such as climbing hill) when that happened?
There was a TSB on AT temp sensor calibration issue on early CX9. It sounds very similar
when it happened, but usually happened when climbing hill pulling heavy load.

In short, it could be transmission overheating (under fluid is also a possibility) causing the
transmission to go into limp mode. Once your restart it, the problem might go away.

The fix for the aforementioned TSB was to re-program the control program to allow greater
tolerance before it goes into the limp mode.

Ask your dealer about this with what I said in mind....
Good luck.

Thank you for your value and quick reply. I will take it to the dealer ASAP and update this post.
However, The car wasn't on heavy load. but yes I felt limp in the transmission action.

is there anything to worry about and may occur and affect the performance in the future? because It is still a new car.

Thank you again.

It maybe a bad sensor. I wouldn't worry about how it affects future performance. The whole point of these safeguards is to prevent the mechanicals from self destructing when a fault occurs.

Back