The first mod on a 2008 Mazda 3S 2.3L

:
Mazda, Mazda 3, S, Touring
So, i just joined the community today. I'm looking to decide on the first mod for my 2008 Mazda 3S 2.3L HB. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Mine was tinting, HID's on low beams and fogs, trunk mat, exhaust tip, mazdaspeed rear skirt and a K&N (got an insurance check).

Hey R242, do you have any video's or anything on your car, any dyno's or anything...I want to keep track of your ride as if she holds up as stable, when mine's paid off I think I may play with some serious mods for an autox car (for fun).

Last edited:
I have yet to dyno, and drive it like an old lady on Sundays(drive my 4x4 mostly during winter). But when it warms up I'll get some vids posted of 1/8th mile and maybe some straightaway pulls, keeping the wear off her until I get her paid off, also. lol

catback exhaust :)

Ok so i think I'm going with the look first. Tint, Black emblems and black out tail lights. When i need new tires I'll go with a nice flat black rim. I want to just switch out my exhaust for the Mazdaspeed exhaust. Anyone have any experience with that mod?

Thanks.

Not sure on the speed exhaust, magnaflow cbe is about 5-10 hp gain, though some ppl(including my muffler man)claim 10-15% gain, all I know is I can feel the difference in acceleration and it sounds very nice :)

So, i just joined the community today. I'm looking to decide on the first mod for my 2008 Mazda 3S 2.3L HB. Does anyone have any suggestions?

That's kind of an open ended question. How much money do you have to work with? I have a borla catback exhaust, and I love the way it sounds. It's a real deep/smooth sound.

Or better yet the awesome "trade it in to the dealer for an Audi R8" upgrade. ;P

That's kind of an open ended question. How much money do you have to work with? I have a borla catback exhaust, and I love the way it sounds. It's a real deep/smooth sound.

Money for it will be spread out over a few month between each mod (maybe years), but the big thing with the exhaust is that i don't want that honda civic fart sound. I sort of want an almost stoke deep grawl like the Speed or a g35.

Ive got the same exact car as you Schmidt. only difference is that mine is manual (in my opinion the ONLY way to drive a car). and im looking for much the same in an exhaust as your are so if you find something please let me know. im very interested. Very first thing i did when i got mine was to get it tinted. mainly going to work on the looks and sound before i upgrade any of the engine components with the exception of a cold air intake and a new exhaust.

Ive got the same exact car as you Schmidt. only difference is that mine is manual (in my opinion the ONLY way to drive a car). and im looking for much the same in an exhaust as your are so if you find something please let me know. im very interested. Very first thing i did when i got mine was to get it tinted. mainly going to work on the looks and sound before i upgrade any of the engine components with the exception of a cold air intake and a new exhaust.
I have an 08 4 door, first thing I did was a CAI, cheap quick mod that gave the car better sound. Next mod is Tint, then rims, then exhaust

Latest posts

Back