Stupid Questions

Crazy D

:
MP5 02 22v
Does the Header eliminate the 1st cat ?

If I get a header... do I need anything else?

Whats the best Place to get one?

Is the best one for the P5 the OBX?

I keeping the Mazdaspeed axle back... is this going to be a problem? To loud?

Thanks

yes.. unless its a shorty header made by wagner it will eliminate the 1st cat.. you may need to buy some new gaskets. get an obx one from protegegarage or a thunder header from protephile on this forum.. i heard good things about thunder.. the mazdaspeed axleback wont be a problem.. itll prolly sound nice

OBX seems to be the most popular one on this forum... and gaskets I can get them at my local shop I guess...

I didn't come across that Thunder you refer to... I'll search around before I go ahead and get it

Thanks Jomoyo.... now the question is "Paper or Plastic" :)

showthread.php

more expensive but I heard its better quality and has a built in nonfouler so you dont throw a cel..
i forgot if you get the obx you will have to buy a nonfouler(i think its called)

If you get the OBX, where would you be purchasing it from? I have read about the ebay ones having weld problems. Not sure what the difference is between buying one on ebay or from a shop, just something I noticed in posts here.

RedHotP5 said:
If you get the OBX, where would you be purchasing it from? I have read about the ebay ones having weld problems. Not sure what the difference is between buying one on ebay or from a shop, just something I noticed in posts here.

I bought one off ebay with the threads for the primary o2 sensor bung stripped. Its a hit and a miss with ebay. So I bought one off Ken at protegegarage after that. Fast delivery, awesome customer service. I forgot if the obx comes with a exhaust mani gasket or not. If not, go to mazda, I think they go for 15-20 dollars. Been a while since I had bought one.

And it should only be a little louder with the obx and your axle back. You might lose very very little low end tourque, but gain power in the upper rpms. After 4500 you should feel the header doing its job, letting that motor breath alittle.

JOMO said:
I bought one off ebay with the threads for the primary o2 sensor bung stripped. Its a hit and a miss with ebay. So I bought one off Ken at protegegarage after that. Fast delivery, awesome customer service. I forgot if the obx comes with a exhaust mani gasket or not. If not, go to mazda, I think they go for 15-20 dollars. Been a while since I had bought one.

And it should only be a little louder with the obx and your axle back. You might lose very very little low end tourque, but gain power in the upper rpms. After 4500 you should feel the header doing its job, letting that motor breath alittle.

Yeah I heard about that ebay thing... I was thinking about going with Ken. Does anyone know about the Ractive?

Or should I say which one would be "D" one to get... Ractive / OBX or that other one

Latest posts

Back