Stereo advice anyone?

What's up everyone! Got a question or two for everyone. I have a 07 Mazda3 s touring. I replaced the stock HU with a Pioneer. I also replaced the front comp. with a pair of 4 way pioneer 6x8's, and the rear two with a set of Alpine 3 way 6x8's. It sounds pretty awesome, so good that it has been a year and I am just now getting the "urge". I want to add a sub but I don't need too much (I to mostly punk/alt); just want to fill out the overall sound. What I don't want is to spend 600 dollars (like every sales person insist) in order to round out my stereo. I found these online and I am curious what everyone has to say about them.
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9755_Boss+BASS-600.html#
www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9756_Boss+BASS-800.
www.sonicelectronix.com/item_5184_Infinity+BassLink+II

I am very curious about the Infinity basslink II, but I like the idea of getting a low profile sub that I can slide under the passenger seat.

Out of those 3, I would go with the Infinity, which is an established and reputable brand. I have never heard of Boss and it sounds like an "off brand". All of these are pre-fab boxes with the woofer built in, so you do not have to worry about sizing. I am assuming these are built-in amplified?

Boss is a small shop brand that's been around for a LONG time. Most of their stuff is not top tier, but some stuff isn't bad. You can save some money if you buy for performance instead of a name.

Boss is a small shop brand that's been around for a LONG time. Most of their stuff is not top tier, but some stuff isn't bad. You can save some money if you buy for performance instead of a name.

"Top tier Carlton! Not what I would have purchased, but it's good for your income bracket."

Master Shake, ATHF

Yes on the built in amp. I would rather buy a smaller, less powerful setup that can easily (and cheaply!) be installed under one of the seats then get something that is gonna be in my trunk. I almost never have people in my backseat, so i am not overly concerned with that, but I am curious to see if anyone else has/is shopping for something similar.

I think that would be just fine for your purposes. Separates are nice for their flexibility, but they are spacehogs and obviously cost more. Check out some reviews of what you are looking at on Crutchfield or I think it is caraudioreview or carreview dot com.

Back