Ssafc problems

duren03msp

:
2003 mazdaspeed protege
Alright everyone in hoping for some help here. I installed my ssafc a few months back and seeing good changes in my afr at wot. But unfortunately if I ease into the throttle below boost and I get to 4000 rpms then my afr drops dramatically to 10.0. Probably lower since my aem only reads to 10.0 lowest. As it drops to 10.0 I get a harsh bucking if I keep in it. It's not fuel or ignition cut. It's like its being flooded out. I am currently running the fmic map off this forum. I tried switching the map to super stock. Still same thing happens. Is there something I may be missing in the tuning? If I get into it hard and pull wot then my afr is perfect right about 11 or so and the car pulls very smooth and hard. Anything I could be missing? Thanks in advance to anybody who helps.

The AFC only controls the MAF and O2 inputs when the car is in boost, if you are revving the motor without going into boost the car will be running on the stock ECU.

why are you above 4k and not mashing on it? when i had a afc it got rich after 4k. if you tune the map you can lean it out some but i wouldn't go to far. may also be in some settings in the afc.

Back