SSAFC & Gas Mileage

KptClutch

:
03 SpicyMSP
What's up Mazda gods?

So my gas mileage has plummeted since I installed my SSAFC. Is this normal? I seem to recall others posting an improvement.

I admit that I've been a little heavier on the pedal since the install, but it looks like the new mileage is around 18 mpg if my estimations are right. All I'm thinkin is "there ain't no way I've been that heavy on the pedal"

I'm not throwing any CEL and she's running like a top.....anyone else have similar experiences or ideas as to what could cause an abrupt drop in economy?

maybe something else is going on. Clean your air filter, sea foam the car, try all the regular scheduled maintenance things. The SSAFC doesn't start changing signals until the preset boost pressure set by you in the options menu. So, unless you are boosting every day, all day, you should retain near stock MPG out of boost.

Depends on the map, but generally you should gain mpg if you are driving in a mpg friendly manner. What are your AFRs?

P.S. Guess who just signed up to install\solder my ssafc in

Bah, I'm gonna run out and buy a cable to hook up to the afc....I haven't even adjusted anything yet (gotta read up on the process). AF is still sort of a mystery to me lol.

I'm still running the stock tune on the SSAFC. Should I be able to get AF logs from the software that came with it?

So I did some thinking (scary, right) and decided to make sure I've secured all the vac lines well while installing the afc. I implemented fasteners at each point and installed a cheapy boost gauge from Autozone.

The lines seem good, but now I wonder what the normal vacuum readings are. I'm at 20+ ATM. Boost holds steady around 8. I couldn't drive and video at the same time to show the latter.

Video if your interested:
http://youtu.be/CpUI8A6GDuY

Back