Spy Shot: Chevrolet Orlando MPV (Mazda5 competitor)

mikeyb

Contributor
:
01 BMW 325xi Touring
chevrolet-cruze-sep08-1.jpg

Family Cruze : Chevrolet is to launch its new small family saloon, the Cruze, at the Paris Motor Show, but there are more family members to follow. Here's the MPV.

chevrolet-cruze-sep08-2.jpg

Scenic-sized : The 'MPV-7' will come in both five- and seven-seat configurations, and is said to be around the size of a Renault Scenic. Expect clever flat-folding rear seats, as in the Vauxhall-Opel range.

chevrolet-cruze-sep08-3.jpg

Zafira's sister : Like the Cruze, this MPV is built on GM's new-generation 'Delta' platform, also to be shared with the next-generation Vauxhall/Opel Astra. Thus it'll be a sister model to the next Zafira, though the two models will have very different styling.

chevrolet-cruze-sep08-4.jpg

Michigan-made : The Cruze MPV will be built for the US market at GM's factory in Hamtramck, Michigan. This plant may also supply versions for export to Europe as well. Production will start next spring, with sales from autumn 2009.

No sliding doors. Mazda 1 - Chevrolet 0. Still, if it looks like the Zafira at least, we are in competitive terrain

I wonder what ever happened to this one (also from Chevy), I dig it better:

9080430.016.1M.jpg
[/IMG]

Chevrolet Orlando Concept Unveiled for Paris Premiere

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
9080909.003.Mini2L.jpg

9080909.003.Mini1L.jpg

Set for debut in Paris next month, GM Europe has unveiled first images for its Orlando Concept, a seven-seat family MPV which reminds of the Chevrolet Sequel SUV/crossover concept from 2005, although much smaller in size. The Orlando is based on the all-new Cruze compact sedan and aims at being a sport utility, family van and wagon.

With a wheelbase of 2760 mm, GM is placing emphasis on the vehicle's functionality with adaptable, theater-style seating in three rows comfortably accommodating up to seven occupants, while the spacious cabin can be quickly transformed into a large cargo area.

Powered by Chevrolets latest-generation 2.0-liter turbo diesel, developing 150 hp and 320 Nm of torque, GM hints of their intention to bring the Orlando to production, as it nicely fills an empty slot for their global product portfolio.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

9080909003mini1lmv5.jpg

2008_subaru_tribeca_official_1.jpg

Looks very much like the Tribeca Interior to me <!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Wow. I've never seen the inside of a Tribeca before. That dash really wraps around, doesn't it?

Wow. I've never seen the inside of a Tribeca before. That dash really wraps around, doesn't it?

You feel like you are piloting a boat with that dash. You notice the steering wheel in the Chevy is very similar to a Honda Civis Si whee?

9080924.006.Mini2L.jpg

9080924.006.Mini1L.jpg

9080924.006.Mini3L.jpg

9080924.006.Mini4L.jpg

9080924.006.Mini5L.jpg

For the last few months this prototype has been doing the rounds, but we had been at a loss to confirm exactly which model it actually is, that was of course until General Motors announced the Chevrolet Orlando Concept for the Paris Motor Show. Obvious hints of European styling can be found on the concept, hints we hope make it to production, but the Americans will have to make do without this one, General Motors have already confirmed the model won't be heading for U.S. shores.

The huge black clad camouflage hides much of the overall styling, hinting that the final model may well sport a toned down exterior package, however the interior will still feature a seven seat layout spread out over three rows. Its underpinnings will come from the Chevrolet Cruze and we should also see a similar engine range inherited from its sibling including Chevrolet’s latest-generation 2.0-liter turbo diesel, developing 150 hp and 320 Nm of torque.

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Back