So where's the compass?

On pre-2016, set your nav to 2D. Your pointer aims in the direction you are going, East = right, South = down, etc. (just as on a map)

Mine's a '16 though. I've already realized no compass option for me. Too bad, but not a huge deal overall.

Mine's a '16 though. I've already realized no compass option for me. Too bad, but not a huge deal overall.

I have the '16 GT with Navigation.
You are right, I couldn't find a compass either, but it does have a map with coordinates and elevation.

The blue triangle points in the direction of travel (North East) here:

attachment.php

Navigation2.jpg

To get to that screen, select "Navigation Info":

attachment.php

NavInfo2.jpg

Then select "Where Am I":

attachment.php

WhereAmI2.jpg

Last edited:
I called my mazda parts department and they can't find a RV Mirror for a 2016 with a compass. He will call Mazda and get back to me Monday. I like looking at the mirror and seeing the compass.

I have the '16 GT with Navigation.
You are right, I couldn't find a compass either, but it does have a map with coordinates and elevation.

The blue triangle points in the direction of travel (North East) here:

To get to that screen, select "Navigation Info":

Then select "Where Am I":

Thanks for the info. Too bad it's not something permanently set on the nav screen or on the mirror. Would definitely make more sense. Oh well. Just like Mick Jagger said, you can't always get what you want..

2016 with Nav. Simply pop the SD card out and start driving, the compass will come up on the screen.

Mine came with a Homelink mirror but it doesn't have that compass on it.

I installed a homelink mirror with a compass (made by Gentech, just like the Mazda mirror) from a 2008 Nissan that I got at an auto junkyard. I bought an installation kit (wire harness, instructions, etc.) that I found on ebay, but was sold by a Mazda dealer.

Anyone know if we can replace our mirror that came standard in the GT with one that has a compass and NOT have to do any additional wiring?

Back