So I finally fixed my parking brake and...

SocialStealth

:
2002 Mazda Protege ES, 120k miles
Some of you might remember the E brake issue I posted about a few months ago. Well I finally fixed it by buying a new rear passenger side caliper.

Parking brake works perfectly now. However, I decided to bleed my entire brake system, because the fluid was almost empty at one point (the caliper was leaking and i didn't know)

My little brother was helping me, and well, the bleeding screw on my rear driver's side caliper broke off, leaving the screw part still threaded inside the caliper. Impossible to get to with pliers, Tried soaking it in pb blaster.

I'd rather not drop another $80 on another caliper :( Any advise?

While we're on the topic of broken screws, one of the screws that hold the fog lights in place broke off, leaving the screw still threaded inside the light....The same screw broke on both fog lights... Any ideas how to get it out, without shelling out the money for one of those bolt removing kits?

Some of you might remember the E brake issue I posted about a few months ago. Well I finally fixed it by buying a new rear passenger side caliper.

Parking brake works perfectly now. However, I decided to bleed my entire brake system, because the fluid was almost empty at one point (the caliper was leaking and i didn't know)

My little brother was helping me, and well, the bleeding screw on my rear driver's side caliper broke off, leaving the screw part still threaded inside the caliper. Impossible to get to with pliers, Tried soaking it in pb blaster.

I'd rather not drop another $80 on another caliper :( Any advise?

While we're on the topic of broken screws, one of the screws that hold the fog lights in place broke off, leaving the screw still threaded inside the light....The same screw broke on both fog lights... Any ideas how to get it out, without shelling out the money for one of those bolt removing kits?

I had one of the screws on my fog do the same thing. Since the other was fine I just left it and 2 years later everything is still good. I am not sure you'll be able to get those screws out without a bolt kit, and I'm not sure how big the caliper screw is, but it might be too small for that.

They have reverse drill bits that can pull broken bolts out, look for them at home depot/lowes.

Latest posts

Back