SMIC on the way

DAWIV said:
Install took about 1 hour. Had to take off the battery cable, strut bar, hardpipes, coolant overflow tank, and injen. After that, it just unbolts right out. Only one upper mounting bolt left over, it has no where to mount on the new smic.

I could feel a difference in the torque right at take off. The tires would break lose in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Before it was only in 1st. My tires are like new, so it wasn't bad tires. Gained 1 psi of boost in stage 1 and 2. Unlike before, the boost holds all the way through redline. The car accelerates so much smoother now and just pulls all the way.

I am very pleased with CustomMSP's SMIC and would recommend it to anyone not wanting an FMIC. It just enhances my other mods and makes the car more enjoyable. The real test for me will be 2 hours of highway driving. Heatsoak used to kill me after about 1 hour of driving.

CustomMSP's SMIC is my favorite modification. (first)

yours took 1 hr to heatsoak? mine used to heatsoak in about 10 mins.

Yep, on the interstate it would be fine for the first hour. After that, electric cars would whip me! I was really starting to hate the car for that.

DAWIV said:
Install took about 1 hour. Had to take off the battery cable, strut bar, hardpipes, coolant overflow tank, and injen. After that, it just unbolts right out. Only one upper mounting bolt left over, it has no where to mount on the new smic.

I could feel a difference in the torque right at take off. The tires would break lose in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Before it was only in 1st. My tires are like new, so it wasn't bad tires. Gained 1 psi of boost in stage 1 and 2. Unlike before, the boost holds all the way through redline. The car accelerates so much smoother now and just pulls all the way.

I am very pleased with CustomMSP's SMIC and would recommend it to anyone not wanting an FMIC. It just enhances my other mods and makes the car more enjoyable. The real test for me will be 2 hours of highway driving. Heatsoak used to kill me after about 1 hour of driving.

CustomMSP's SMIC is my favorite modification. (first)
Nice choice. It looks better then the Turbohouses one.

It really looks sharp.Is the radiator vibrating without the top bracket?
DId you buy it new?

Probably you gain 10 to 15 HP for sure.

It was actually a bolt for mounting the fan. The radiator support fits right over the new intercooler. I drove it hard yesterday after installing and it did not make any noises or vibrate. Brand new smic. For the money you can't beat it. $485 shipped to your door.

Update

SMIC worked outstanding during a two hour highway run each way. Pulled strong and never heatsoaked. Its definitely a different car now. Pulled so well coming back that the FHP needed aircraft assistance to clock my speed.
(five-0)

Damaga said:
how easy is it to install? how much time?
When I installed mine it should have only taken 2 hours tops. But the hard pipes had a SSQV flange and in order to mount the BOV I had to take it to a mechanic to get the snap ring put on.

TO this day I don't have any idea how he did it but I do know this, if I never deal with a snap rign again for the rest of my life, I will die a happy man!

DAWIV said:
SMIC worked outstanding during a two hour highway run each way. Pulled strong and never heatsoaked. Its definitely a different car now. Pulled so well coming back that the FHP needed aircraft assistance to clock my speed.
(five-0)

haha... glad you like it alot. now that the temps are alot cooler i can really feel the difference. :)

Thats who I just bought mine from. So not sure about why you would think that. Send him a PM if you need one. You'll love it. And I actually did get a speeding ticket yesterday and the trooper said that the plane clocked my speed.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back