Small felt pads in door compartment?

JGreen215

:
2008 Mazda CX-7 GT AWD
My new 2008 cx-7 GT AWD is missing all four of the little felt pads that go in the door compartment. Its a small thing, but I would like to get something in there, so the bolt isn't showing. Any ideas???

My new 2008 cx-7 GT AWD is missing all four of the little felt pads that go in the door compartment. Its a small thing, but I would like to get something in there, so the bolt isn't showing. Any ideas???

Tell the dealer to get you some if its new and you just bought it...if you bought it used, 2008 I'm assuming you did, you may be SOL having not noticed it before.

Is there a purpose for the felt door pocket liners other than appearance? The reason I ask is because many years ago I had a roommate who owned a new Mazda that was missing these pads and every time you would get out of the car you would get a shock when you let go of the door. The car was serviced at the dealer and they re-installed/replaced the missing felt pieces and it seemed to cure the problem. Does anyone know if the pads serve as some type anti-static function?

Felt Pads

The problem with the felt pads is that they are simply laid in there....meaning that simply vacuuming your car will suck them out. I am missing one as a result of such an occurrence, rather a cheap way to install a piece of trim. I put a drop of clear adhesive on the back of the remaining ones to prevent those from disappearing as well. Seems to me that Mazda could of easily done the same thing.....geez, having them loose just cheapens the interior of the car

I saw this post and check my CX7...missing two in rear compartment. Brought my vehicle to Mazda for replacement of loose rear bumper guard and showed tech that the pieces were missing along with rubber bumper inside top of rear door and rubber bumper inside front passenger door. Mazda replaced all for free.

i can proudly say i still have all 4 pieces intact after 3 yrs of ownership.
i recently put some velcro tape down in the little compartment, next to the screw and only on one side and put the felt side down to prevent it from coming out in the future.

the only reason i could think that Mazda didnt put any adhesive on those pieces is so the end-user, the buyer could choose if they wanted the felt side up or the vinyl side up...i think the velcro idea is great...
juss my 2 cents

Latest posts

Back